New Species Discovered.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The crocodile lizards are cool remind of the red eyed dragon skinks (would love to have those as a pet coz they look badass)

I'm not sure I understand how the 'illegal wildlife trade' can be blamed for animals being threatened when no one even knew these species existed.

Infrastructure and poaching for food I can understand
It is possible that many have been taken by people, as pets or for food, that don't have an interest in identifying the animal so they were unaware of it being an undiscovered species. The turtle in the story is the prime example of this.

It is possible that many have been taken by people, as pets or for food, that don't have an interest in identifying the animal so they were unaware of it being an undiscovered species. The turtle in the story is the prime example of this.

And that part I understand, but the report makes specific reference too the 'illegal wildlife trade'. That suggests that they were being sold overseas without anyone knowing they existed???

These are bred all over Europe in large numbers. I had these 2 born today 1 live 1dead on a first birth female, might have more tonight, but female was cb.Dk, her parents cb.Dk their parents was cb.D of legally import animals, it was not a problem before 1.jan.2017 to get legal animals
Their main treat is loss of habitat

_20171221_174936.JPG

_20171221_174846.JPG

These are bred all over Europe in large numbers. I had these 2 born today 1 live 1dead on a first birth female, might have more tonight, but female was cb.Dk, her parents cb.Dk their parents was cb.D of legally import animals, it was not a problem before 1.jan.2017 to get legal animals
Their main treat is loss of habitat

View attachment 322338

View attachment 322339
Is that an agama? It looks great!!

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

No, they are Shinisaurus crocodilurus, a monotypic genus. They are semiaquatic and give birth in water, A cool lizard but sleeps 3-4 months every year

They got them for sale in U.K. £500 each or pair for £900, they do look wicked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back