Movie thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinefamily

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Recently the favourite band thread enjoyed another burst of life. So why not a movie thread? If you don't have a favourite, there might be a favourite genre, or it might be the last one(s) you've watched, or even something you hated.

Two of my all-time favourites are The Blues Brothers, and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Worst film I've ever seen would be Eraserhead. I just don't get it. Most recent one is Blade Runner 2049; enjoyed it too.

Gotta be Backyard Ashes for me. Good old Aussie film. The best laugh I've had watching a movie in years.

Bloody top soundtrack Too!

Last edited:
I've seen so many good movies over the years it is hard to pick an absolute favourite, though this would probably just pip the rest...

VEG2XDP.jpg

Others of note would be Die Hard, First Blood & Beverly Hills Cop.

Last edited:
Recently the favourite band thread enjoyed another burst of life. So why not a movie thread? If you don't have a favourite, there might be a favourite genre, or it might be the last one(s) you've watched, or even something you hated.

Two of my all-time favourites are The Blues Brothers, and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Worst film I've ever seen would be Eraserhead. I just don't get it. Most recent one is Blade Runner 2049; enjoyed it too.
absolutely love Blues Brothers,TGTB&TU yeah,never heard of Eraserhead,but so many good ones how do you pick "the best"?
Haven't seen the new bladerunner yet,but didn't really get the original either.
I'm a big Steven King fan but most of his movies disappoint except for the original Shiining and maybe IT

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Guy Ritchie movies eg. Snatch, Rocknrolla and of course "Lock, stock and two smoking barrels."

Here's a taste (hard to find a clip without too much 'language' in it :D)

While I hardly sit down in front of a TV these days I do love a great war movie.. Platoon is right up there and Balck hawk down.. but my all time fave (2) movies are Heat and from dusk till dawn..

Haven't seen them do your self a favor [emoji6]

Instagram: murph_BTK

Love the war movies. We were soldiers, saving private Ryan, black hawk down, tears of the sun, American sniper, act of valor and my fave war movie... the hurt locker.

Big fan of movies that get you thinking, I struggle to sit back and watch out and out action movie as I tend to pick apart the plot holes. Sure there are some excellent action movies still but I prefer psychological-thrillers (although I dislike horror). Personal favourites are Momento and The Prestige. Both directed by Christopher Nolan (Also responsible for The Dark Knight and Inception) I recommend pretty much anything he touches.

Little off topic but I loved the anime Code Geass, I thought I had it all figured out then the final episode caught me completely off guard.

my fave war movie... the hurt locker.

Do agree The Hurt Locker really stood out for me. I read the American Sniper book and thought the movie didn't quite do it justice, this is often the case since they have such strict time constraints and the book is full of material.

I'm a fan of Guy Ritchie movies eg. Snatch, Rocknrolla and of course "Lock, stock and two smoking barrels."

Here's a taste (hard to find a clip without too much 'language' in it :D)

Agree Rory, Guy Ritchie has a knack for doing things differently.

I remember watching Saving Private Ryan for the first time and was ducking and weaving in my seat during the scene where they were landing at Normandy.

Pretty much anything by Quentin Tarantino makes my list, especially these; Great cast and sound tracks in both.

has anyone said the godfather yet? :V

gotta agree with the Tarantino movies,a little bit weird but still entertaining,Pulp Fiction,Kill Bill,From Dusk til dawn, even Jackie Brown.

I loved Tarantino's Hateful Eight.
As far as genres go, I like horror, westerns, and sci-fi/fantasy. Japanese horror movies are particularly good; the original Ring movie was far better than the Hollywood remake IMO.

I loved Tarantino's Hateful Eight.
As far as genres go, I like horror, westerns, and sci-fi/fantasy. Japanese horror movies are particularly good; the original Ring movie was far better than the Hollywood remake IMO.
Agreed. And there was another Japanese horror about a girl drowned in a water tank atop an apartment block which was also better than the Hollywood remake.

This year has been a good year for horror movies: It, Get Out (sort of horror), Happy Death Day, Better Watch Out. Not all traditional horror, but interesting takes on old themes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back