iStat Compact blown fuse help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fredz4

Reaction score
Hello All,

Can someone please help me with which fuse fits an istat compact.

When it blew it cracked the part no. off and i can't read it anymore.

Also where can i get these fuses?

Thanks

Istat have a Facebook page, maybe try there. All I could find from a search were Microclimate fuses, which use 5 amp Fast Fuses. I am not sure if Istat use the same fuse or not.

I contacted istat via facebook, they replied almost immediately and have put me onto marty buhagiar. Aussie rep i believe should be sorted soon. 20171117_093238.jpg 1.5amp fuse.

Just fyi. Marty wont be doing istat warranties or selling fuses in the future. If i find a reliable reasonably priced supply of fuses ill post here.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what is everyone’s opinion on these Istats

So what is everyone’s opinion on these Istats
Before the istat I had only ever used the manual type thermostat so my opinion its very biased.
I really think it's a great piece of gear, great display with plenty of different functions. My only negative would be that it won't control a second output such as a second light

I have been thinking about getting one to run my new incubator but I haven’t heard a great deal on them can you get it to hold temperature with out much fluctuation?

Jaycar electronics carry a plethora of fuses for people needing one in future

@Wilfred , there is a few different settings available on the menu that allows - dimming, on/off pulse and cooling . I have no problem with mine holding a fairly stable temp and if the day gets hot enough it just switches itself off ( obviously)
But the audible temp warning could possibly be of good use to you. You can also set the hours of heat in hour increments. I have the pulse+ and not the compact as I liked the idea of having a decent display which includes thermometer, hygrometer and barometer

Where do you buy these from what’s the price like on these all I find is American websites

@Wilfred the store I got them from late last year don't stock them anymore (only Habistats now) and couldn't find any other place. Loved it for the settings it could do as I used it for my click and clack and later for the CHE in the final enclosure on pulse without any issues.

I've got a heap of these fuses available now if anyone needs a backup supply.

They fit the Istat compact.

Does anyone know what fuse the Istat Pulse+ uses, whether its the same or not?

I've got a heap of these fuses available now if anyone needs a backup supply.

They fit the Istat compact.

Does anyone know what fuse the Istat Pulse+ uses, whether its the same or not?
You should make a post on market place. I’m sure lots of people will need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back