What are you feeding your animals

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kankryb

Reaction score
Take a pic of what a feeding looks like, do you defrost a pinkie or a tub of rats a bowl of insect or just some fruit and tell us what animals you are feeding.
This is for skinks, fruit greens babyfood snails and pinkies

_20180109_091520.JPG

_20180108_153300.JPG

_20180108_153447.JPG

_20180108_153537.JPG

_20180109_092352.JPG

looks like a good mix mate,my son also adds mushrooms and sometimes a bit of wet dogfood for the bluies,plus a little bit of banana.Here is 1 of my favourite sites ,I don't know if you have seen it in Denmark.. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/ check out the nutrition section . How bizarre that you get Driscolls blueberries there,we also have them in our supermarkets.
My dragon salad is something similar to yours,only I need 14 bowls a day,,
Plus I have baby dragons now so that adds a bit of fun

Last edited:
Blue tongues love cat/dog food from cans.

As well as green leafy stuf forgets what it’s callef, sprouts, diced carrot etc.

Snakes I defrost all their foods on top of their enclosure so they get hungry by the time feeding happens, if not defrosted fully I’ll put in ziplock bag in warm water for another 30minutes
[doublepost=1515493904,1515493838][/doublepost]
Take a pic of what a feeding looks like, do you defrost a pinkie or a tub of rats a bowl of insect or just some fruit and tell us what animals you are feeding.
This is for skinks, fruit greens babyfood snails and pinkies

View attachment 322697

View attachment 322698

View attachment 322700

View attachment 322702

View attachment 322703
Looks delicious

for my snakes (Antaresias) I defrost the mice in the fridge hours before then warm up on a plate suspended above warm water

Well tonight the kids ate cold roast chicken and potato salad with bread on the side. Hang on sorry you meant my reptile animals not my human animals.
Lots of insecty and rodenty goodness with a bit of the green rabbit food on the side.

This was just skink food :) now gecko's and shinisaurus crocodilurus, insect and fish
and it was just todays food next feeding will contain other fruit and greens and always insect and snails + vitamins always
[doublepost=1515497848,1515495198][/doublepost]This was just skink food :) now gecko's and shinisaurus crocodilurus, insect and fish
and it was just todays food next feeding will contain other fruit and greens and always insect and snails
[doublepost=1515498272][/doublepost]Sorry for last post don't know what I did.
But pics please
How much food for 14 bowls or nuked rats only pics count;)

This was just skink food :) now gecko's and shinisaurus crocodilurus, insect and fish
and it was just todays food next feeding will contain other fruit and greens and always insect and snails + vitamins always
[doublepost=1515497848,1515495198][/doublepost]This was just skink food :) now gecko's and shinisaurus crocodilurus, insect and fish
and it was just todays food next feeding will contain other fruit and greens and always insect and snails
[doublepost=1515498272][/doublepost]Sorry for last post don't know what I did.
But pics please
How much food for 14 bowls or nuked rats only pics count;)
A good way to make a nice rat is 2minutes in high then smear its guts all over its body! From here you can add a condiment such as sauce, or you can leave it!

/sarcasm :p

About to feed a few Flaviemys purvisi their fave food. Redclaw crays.
20171208_114431.jpg
Nom nom.
4263-1471678476-e592ea299e11068a94d1ca8183ccb63f.jpg

@Pauls_Pythons
Hey Mate, last picture there I see the bag(bottom middle) with 5x70..
Guessing this is 5 rats x70 grams?

I buy my rats labeled similar, anyway if that is the case, are they for your BHPs?
[doublepost=1515839371,1515839119][/doublepost]Oh and once again if that is the story, what size/age. Sorry for the hundred&one

@Pauls_Pythons
Hey Mate, last picture there I see the bag(bottom middle) with 5x70..
Guessing this is 5 rats x70 grams?
[doublepost=1515839371,1515839119][/doublepost]Oh and once again if that is the story, what size/age. Sorry for the hundred&one
Yes mate, that size is for the yearling holdback BHP's.
175g is what I feed the adults.
Some other sizes in there for a couple of holdback diamonds.

If you are in Victoria there is a good chance we are buying from the same place.

Yes mate, that size is for the yearling holdback BHP's.
175g is what I feed the adults.
Some other sizes in there for a couple of holdback diamonds.

If you are in Victoria there is a good chance we are buying from the same place.

Thanks for that, I ask because I bought some 60g rats for my woma, (biggest my supplier had before 100+g) and is taking them very easily. She has had a decent growth spurt over the last couple months. I was just seeing what you fed your similar aged/ sized snakes as a rough comparison.
I'll get thru these and up her size again, save me feeding so often

Yeah mate, I can get mine in 10g increments but I normally skip a few sizes.
They will be on 60g for about a month or 2 then 70g, 100g and onto 125g by the end of the summer or by the spring at the latest.

Don’t have pics on me, nor am I at home but my Pink Tongues get Jelly Meat Catfood, scrambled eggs (slightly undercooked) and snails/slugs. We just went snail hunting tonight after the rain so they’ll be happy little vegemites for a while yet.

I’ve only tried giving the pinkies veggies once and they wouldn’t touch them, so I gave up.

I’ll get pics or even a video when I feed them tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back