Show me your tanks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk1701

Reaction score
Wanting to gather inspiration for my future snake tank (once he’s out of the click clack).

My plan is to go for a natural look possibly with a nice large branch and a decent amount of greenery

I'll get a full photo tomorrow, I can't find one now. But for my "naturalistic" enclosures, I tend to stick some aquarium backing for the scenery on the non viewing sides of the glass (if yours isn't a melamine enclosure) for the scenery. I use Critters Crumble for the substrate, and try and get hides and water dishes that look like rocks. Those can be found easily at the pet store. Plastic decorative logs can also be found, which I use because they need pretty much no cleaning. Greenery can be achieved by using cheap plastic vines with leaves.

A few of my current enclosures.

Eastern brown snake enclosure
X4DPpDV.jpg

B2feFdY.jpg

Pink tongue skink enclsure
c1fNyVh.jpg

Cheers, Cameron

A few of my current enclosures.

Eastern brown snake enclosure
X4DPpDV.jpg

B2feFdY.jpg

Pink tongue skink enclsure
c1fNyVh.jpg

Cheers, Cameron
They are both excellent looking encosures Baker. I especially like the Pink Tongue setup. Both have a very species specific, natural look.
[doublepost=1515758036,1515757823][/doublepost]Also, very nice looking black on the brown!
If you hadn't specified, I could have easily mistaken it for a Red Belly.

Thank you for that Scutellatus. I generally aim to try and make my enclosure look as naturalistic as I can. She's certainly a nice looking snake in the flesh, and positively a rather calm individual.

Here is another enclosure I just threw together tonight for a hatchling scalaris I should be getting in the next couple of weeks.
2hBy8i1.jpg

Cheers, Cameron

Thanks Kirk1701. Somewhere in the DIY section I actually made a post up last year going through the steps I did to create that enclosure if you'd like to know how I did it.

Cheers, Cameron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back