I just bought my first python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cam671

Reaction score
Hi guys

New to the forum and this is my first post. I've recently bought my first snake (Stimson) and I'm enjoying it so much. Feeding and handling great, I do tho have a few questions.

1. Is she actually a Stimson? I've realised I can't really tell if she is a Stimson or a spotted.

2. What is her colour called?

Thanks in advance, happy to be apart of this community.

received_10214714309961373.jpeg

received_10214714310321382.jpeg

received_10214714311081401.jpeg

Going by the markings in pic 1 (just looking on my phone), it looks like a blonde phase spotted python however there is a lot of natural variation within both species. The more i look at it, it does look like a Stimsons... Someone more experienced will be able to confirm the species for you.
Here's my blonde spotted...
DSCF2346.JPG
Here's my Stimsons...
20171101_164301.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a stimmie. Can't really tell you what makes it different, but I've looked at a lot of stimmies and macs and there's just that something that makes it look different from a spotted and more like a stimmie.

Thanks for the response guys, yeah it's ok if I can't get a definitive answer I was just curious. What is everyone feeding mine is 2ys and the guys I got her from were feeding her 2 hopper nice a week. I feel like she could eat just one adult nice a week?

I feed my 2 and half year old stimmy a hopper rat once a week. But I might do once every 9-10 days

So it is enough food, just want to make sure I'm not under feeding

So it is enough food, just want to make sure I'm not under feeding
I would feed her a adult mice every week to 10 days. An adult mice is the kinda the same as a hopper rat.

With antaresias, it is very easy to over feed, so don't be concerned about under feeding. As long as your python is looking healthy, keep doing what you're doing. I'd even suggest a weaner to small rat, and then start spreading the feeds out to fortnightly or even monthly.

Screwed now once you buy one gonna want another and another it's contagious good luck

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Stimson's. (Well 90% sure which is probably as sure as you can be going on a photo). If the breeder says its a stimmie, its a stimmie until proven otherwise in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back