A Tiny Giant

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!

He was obviously thirsty after today as he had a good soak in the water, as above.

I'm super excited about taking better photos tomorrow, but also know I'm totally going to be getting with those teeth lol (and probably some more perfume a la snake )

Think I need a docile snake again so the kids actually have one to enjoy

Is this the start of your bio-active setup or are you just putting plants in pots in there?

Happy Birthday for yesterday. Am glad to see it looks like you had a rood day ‘playing’ with your present. Congratulations! A truly awesome little critter. [How long it will stay little though is another thing...]

Are you experienced at managing a planted terrarium? If yes, you can ignore what follows…

The easiest way of utilising live plants in an enclosure, if you don’t have experience, is to pot the plants into squat pots that fit snugly into blind pots (pots with no drainage holes). The blind pots are set permanently into the substrate and you just rotate two or three plants, such as your Nephrolepis (Fishbone) fern, between the enclosure and a shade house or similar. I mention three deliberately as this is appropriate where the plants get a little damaged by the occupants. A good source of blinds is used yoghurt or margarine tubs or round takeaway containers (cut down to size if needed) or the ceramic pot plant holders available these days in homeware and garden stores or departments in larger retail outlets.

It certainly looks like your birthday present is very comfortable camped amongst the foliage!

Happy belated birthday!

Apex Aussie Python right there. Congrats. I've got more than enough room for one of these, I just dunno whether I want to start breeding wombats to feed one. LOL

So cute! Hard to believe the size it will end up when looking at the little thing. A 4m+ was photographed in a local reserve near me. Apparently it was discovered in a household bin!!!!

Ill try find the photograph when I get home from work, not a whole lot of natural predators messing with a 4m snake...i wonder how much it weighed.

Edit: found the news bulletin on it, turns out it was only 2.7m =/ look at the gut on it though!!
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...k/news-story/91318735aa219db3605d0dfd27a75f1f

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back