Ackie / gillens Monitor set ups

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To Kind, Vamps:)! I kept mine, both Ackies and Gillens in 1200mm x 800mm x 600mm glass vivs, the last measurement being height, not width, so more floor space than usual. Great species to keep, very hardy if you provide a suitable hot spot (50C-60C, and over). Heat'um and feed'um. Of course, you would have an ambient enclosure temp of 25C-30C, depending on weather forecasts for your area. Hope this helps;).

View attachment 322799

View attachment 322800

View attachment 322798
Hi,

About to get my first Ackie. What depth do you have for the substrate and what do you use? So many conflicting ideas from researching. Would like to know from some one who has kept them.
Also My enclosure is 900 x 450 x 450. How long will that last until I would have to upgrade?

That would be ok for 1 ackie, but more is better of course.
I use washed playsand from Bunnings, roughly $7 a bag. You just need to tip it out into a tub to dry before putting it into the enclosure. Our guy digs around in it, and fills his water bowl with the sand too. Depth wise, at least 3 or 4 inches (10 cm) would be fine.
And build yourself a tile stack. your ackie will love it. There are plenty of threads on the DIY section on how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back