Bad snake news

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These can easily strangle an adult even at 8ft and are known to be more aggressive than the Burm. Another advertisement for not draping a snake around your neck. Only takes one good squeeze in that position and if you are alone......

Very sad news :(

Not sure how a 8ft rock python could do that to a 31 year old healthy adult, k know they will be strong but still seems weird
8' of Afrock is pretty different to 8' of Carpet Python; they're much heavier bodied. There was also a photo of him on FB with a snake (don't know if it was that one) wrapped around his neck. If you've ever played/watched Jiu-Jitsu, you'll know it takes about 10-20 seconds for a rear naked choke to completely incapacitate a person so it's not totally implausible.

That’s not long at all then is it,for you too be choked suppose it’s possible then

I don’t own larger pythons but have got a 7ft boa constrictor which he is quite girthy compared to a lot of snakes,I never put him round my neck either just in case,it’s bad enough try to unwrap him from something that he’s taken a shine too
I really wouldn’t want anything bigger than him because of not being able to handle him safely
Just hope the snake wasn’t put down too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back