A beastly monster

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice unit....I got pissed off when my last laptop died, so thought I'd buy a desktop...whoa, prices were too much.

Got onto a few build your own websites, as well as Youtube for more detailed instructions, thought it looked doable. I copied the specs off a decent comp that would suit my needs, bought all the parts from PC case gear (except the graphics card which my son still had when he upgraded).
2 days later and a bit of swearing, brand spanking new destop which cost me around half the price doing it myself. And it actually worked when I turned it on, bonus! haha Most difficult part was the cabling, sooo many cables to organise and fit in.
Cables annoyed me! And trying to screw the little screws in with a non magnetic screw driver haha! I’m surprised mine worked first boot! Was expecting a bit of screeching and smoke

If you didn’t know, prices of certain parts, specifically graphics card and ram have almost doubled in price and are pretty much the same price as they were on release.. you can thank cryptocurrency for that, people are “mining” it

Yeah, those tiny screws, how annoying are they!..., luckily I had a magnetic screw driver, otherwise there would have been more swearing. I'll eventually upgrade the graphics card to a better one, but this one does my games for now ( The Long Dark, Subsistence, Stranded Deep, etc) I'm not a hard core gamer or anything, just a few to keep me entertained when there's nothing else to do haha.

Get a coffee lake i5, and a 1070 if you can afford it.
[doublepost=1516942827,1516942745][/doublepost]Gonna build one myself next year, i7 8700k and 1070 or possibly 1080.

Depends what you want to use it for if you want to do 4K gaming go the 1080 or better yet a 1080 ti. If it’s for 1080p gaming a 1070 is fine. If it’s for video editing then the answer should be obvious the better card will render and encode faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back