Stimmie, went limp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonesyJ

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
Was just cleaning out my stimmies cage before feeding time. I thought I would take her out and put in a box for 3-4mins while i was cleaning as she kept getting in the way, went to pick her up and was completely limp as if she was dead, was even just slopped over my hand, I thought ok back in enclosure under some heat, now she is moving around as if nothing has happened.
What has just happened?
Have I just had a close call?
Should I still feed her?

Cheeers
[doublepost=1517560092,1517552508][/doublepost]So I decided to feed her and ate it as nothing happened.
I have since realized that the box I had her in was from a delivery I had today, had a divider in it and had that end covered, which had a small bag of dry ice in it, but wouldn't of thought that would of mattered seeming as was other end and had a divider in it. Only thing I can think of though.

Last edited:
If you had the lid on it is possible it passed out from the carbon dioxide gas released from the dry ice.

Edit: After further thought, it doesn't matter whether the lid is on or off. See my post below.

Last edited:
just a thought what temp would it have been in the box with dry ice? perhaps it was in shock from the cold?

just a thought what temp would it have been in the box with dry ice? perhaps it was in shock from the cold?
Dry ice gives off carbon dioxide... it's used to euthanize rodents. I'd say that was the culprit as Scutellatus said above.

LoL Kev
Yes as the above have suggested I believe it to be the gasses, definitely a close call id say glad he/she is ok.

MD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't even think of the gas. Deliver gas for a living too. Wow looks like I got her put just in time. Ice was in a silled bag and lid was only on end with ice. Stimmie could try and get put if she wanted.
Cheers guys

Didn't even think of the gas. Deliver gas for a living too. Wow looks like I got her put just in time. Ice was in a silled bag and lid was only on end with ice. Stimmie could try and get put if she wanted.
Cheers guys
Carbon dioxide sits lower than oxygen/air, so even with the lid off, the gas won't escape unless disturbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back