Waiting is the worst...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk1701

Reaction score
I'm currently patiently (or not so patiently) waiting on a call to say my first snake (spotted python) is ready to be picked up. Currently the breeder is just making sure the hatchies have had consecutive feeds before they go to their new homes. I know I am next on the list and that it should be soon - however I have been waiting 6 weeks since I put my name down and I'm getting pretty antsy.

Patience with things like this isn't my strong suit - with other things sure but not for this.

Had to share it with somebody, such frustration. And the struggle to not to go in and buy one of the albino children's hatchlings that they have ready (have resisted thus far due to the price difference between them and the hatchie I am waiting for but its getting harder every day).

While I understand the frustration, excitement, anticipation a new owner goes through when waiting for their 1st animal, (I'm still the same when I'm getting a new one into the collection after several decades of keeping), please try to cut the breeder a little slack.
Imagine the frustration they go through and spare a thought for the breeder who is waiting for eggs to hatch, (often 5 days or more after due date and thats at the end of 2 months in the incubator) or when trying to get them to eat (longest time for me was 14 months).

Most if not all breeders want your experience to be positive with no unexpected problems, (especially around feeding). These things take time so be patient.

While I understand the frustration, excitement, anticipation a new owner goes through when waiting for their 1st animal, (I'm still the same when I'm getting a new one into the collection after several decades of keeping), please try to cut the breeder a little slack.
Imagine the frustration they go through and spare a thought for the breeder who is waiting for eggs to hatch, (often 5 days or more after due date and thats at the end of 2 months in the incubator) or when trying to get them to eat (longest time for me was 14 months).

Most if not all breeders want your experience to be positive with no unexpected problems, (especially around feeding). These things take time so be patient.
Oh I completely understand the process and how necessary it is. I know the breeder would love it if they all fed easily and it was stress free.

My impatience is all internal - I'm not bugging the breeder or complaining to him or anything.

You're going to need to learn patience when keeping reptiles. In the beginning, it can be more frustrating than rewarding.

Last edited:
That’s a good, healthy sign. When it does arrive you will truly appreciate it. I can relate to that feeling of anticipation when you want something so strongly you can almost taste it, as the old saying goes… or living on tenterhooks. When younger I used for a 4 or 10 km run to get rid of the adrenal, or in later years do a kilometre in the pool. Exercise and keeping busy doing other things are what I found helpful. And of course sharing your excitement and anticipation with others, as you’ve done here.

Here’s hoping it won’t take much longer…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back