Hot weather forecast for the week ahead

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaviemys purvisi

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow Queenslanders, you're all going to have to be super vigilant with your herps and setups today and over the coming week. The temps are set to soar here today and I've already manually shut down all heat sources and fired the air-cons and ceiling fans up. Don't forget about your feeder rodents too (if you breed your own.) All my mice have been moved into the air-conditioned reptile room downstairs. It's already pushing 32 degrees here now and will continue to rise. Not a breath of wind or even a slight breeze here where I am although it says there's a 19km/hr wind...
20180211_104649.png
If you have dogs, keep them cool too, a simple bucket of water tipped over them every hour does wonders. My Jacks love it, laid up on the pavers in the undercover area all wet down and relaxing.

I've gotta go and brave the heat now and run a new electric fence.

It's gotten to 38? inside here, with 30-31(pretty sure) outside, No aircon so i've basically turned nocturnal to avoid heat(i take heat badly), lol.
No it's expected to hit 38-40° by this arv... still climbing now... just cracked 36°.
20180211_134618.png

as i said, here. Here as in victoria/ballarat. lol
I'm just enjoying the aircon in my reptile room now, having a glass of port and (surprisingly) watching my pair of ELN mating... it's at least 2-3 months early for courtship... hmm.
[doublepost=1518323101,1518322763][/doublepost]She's on the up and up now!
20180211_142343.png

Here in the Hunter Valley NSW we have had multiple 40/41 degree days so far this summer and just now we have had a storm. It turns you into a hermit because you don't want to leave the comfort of the a/c.

We just had a passing storm and the temp plummeted from 37° to 27° in 15 mins but is already back up to 30° and the sun is beating down again. Humidity is through the roof now. Lol

Went for a drive into the start of the goldy hinterland to pickup a mate's caravan around noon today. Silly move that was, outside temp (according to the dash outside temp gauge) was 41°C on the m1 at nerang.

Stretched out on the couch now while the house is sitting at a comfortably 25°:D
Kev, although port isn't my go to, this is definetely as good as it claims

FGP.jpg

Last edited:
We need the rain to has been 2/3 months the lawn is a bit sick
Up until a week ago my lawn was crunchy to walk across, had a few good inches of rain last Saturday though and it has greened up heaps in the last week, I actually need to mow but am reluctant to do it with the hot weather, will just kill it.
[doublepost=1518329794,1518329615][/doublepost]
Kev, although port isn't my go to, this is definetely as good as it claims

View attachment 323243
Yeah, I'm just giving the beers a rest until after Easter, had too many over my 3 week Christmas break lol got some good de bortoli old tawny and de bortoli old boys 21 year aged. Very nice.

There's a place out at Broken hill that sells a port with the same name as that. It was nice. Can't go past Stanthorpe old caves armchair port though.

Last edited:
The state's hottest today was Birdsville with 44.5° ... bet they deep-sixed a few barrels at the local hotel today. Damn!

don't know how you can drink wine on a hot day... nothing beats a cold beer after work aaaahhh
[doublepost=1518347606,1518347501][/doublepost]
A couple of weeks ago, we had anther burst of 40 plus weather, culminating in a 46 degree Friday. Damn, that was hot. We lost a guinea pig and 2 quails.
my sympathy to the lost and the children who loved them

don't know how you can drink wine on a hot day... nothing beats a cold beer after work aaaahhh
Haha the problem with beer (for me) is when it's this hot, 2, or even 1 beer puts me straight into siesta mode in about 15 mins and I can be out for 2 hours. Lol the last thing I need at 4-5pm is a 2 hour Kip when I've gotta be in bed by 8pm to be up by 2am. Have woken up on the couch at 6pm before after a couple of beers and been fully revitalised and awake until 12:30am... Not an ideal start to the day. :p

[doublepost=1518347606,1518347501][/doublepost]
my sympathy to the lost and the children who loved them
The guinea pigs and quail are actually feeder stock, lol. But the neighbours' grandkids think they're cute.

In the Adelaide Hills, the leather shop at Hahndorf will give a port out of their barrel when you buy something, no matter what time of year it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back