NOW GONE - On Gumtree and saw this for sale

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry89

Reaction score
Hi All,

Not wanting to judge, but sadly I will anyway, this seems cramped for the 10 little guys... If I was closer, I would buy them and give them a little more room. Anyone in VIC wanting cheap geckos that has a couple of empty enclosures. I would split them with you if need be, however would require freight to QLD...

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sun...y-of-10-marble-geckos-and-1ft-tank/1174714525

It just makes me a little sad, all the care sheets indicate this is an overpopulated living arrangement...

Ugh. This is disgusting...i'd say 3 geckos per 1 foot would be the maximum, not this..If i was closer and had the room i'd take them in too.

Probably just found them in their back yards and chucked em in there... "only needing to be fed a few times a month"
Btw, it might be good to not include the link so they don't get attacked or anything for it.

Glad my distaste for this is shared, I worry so much about the way people keep/treat animals, we have too much free ability and so little regulation. Especially for these guys not needing to be kept under a license in VIC, no one would know unless this sort of thing pops up.

@Foozil I understand that, truly, but I wasn't sure I would be believed without it and thought it might help someone get them re homed faster... Does VIC have an RSPCA rescue setup, or are geckos not a priority?...

@Foozil I understand that, truly, but I wasn't sure I would be believed without it and thought it might help someone get them re homed faster... Does VIC have an RSPCA rescue setup, or are geckos not a priority?...
Thats a good point. Anyway, your post, you can do whatever you think ;)

I just clicked the linked and the post is “unavailable” with a sold sign. Let’s hope someone with some sense picked the little guys up

Thanks for checking mate, I will edit the title and then delete later

Glad my distaste for this is shared, I worry so much about the way people keep/treat animals, we have too much free ability and so little regulation. Especially for these guys not needing to be kept under a license in VIC, no one would know unless this sort of thing pops up.

Yeah I truly believe there should be some test system implemented where people have to show their knowledge of the animal they want to acquire before getting the animal.

The license system is a joke.

When i applied for mine i took time and effort explaining why, what i was going to do, what i knew so far, what i was doing to increase my knowledge.... and auto approved instantly by a computer.

All animals get the short end of the stick because they are treated by the world as property, rather than living things that feel pain and get stressed if their living conditions are not adequate.

Didn’t get to see the advert but read the ensuing posts.

As long as there are pets and captive animals, there will be a percentage of people who mistreat them in various ways for various reasons. There are already laws and regulations in place for the prevention of cruelty to animals but governments do not provide sufficient funding to properly enforce these on the scale required. Further regulation is not the answer – it only tends to make it harder for honest people and penalises everyone for the sins of a few.

In my opinion, doing what you did here Harry89 is the most effective way to go – name and shame. Public condemnation is more likely to get results and at the same time provides awareness and education of how pets should be treated. Good on ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back