Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

attiiicus

Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m in my final year of school finishing in less than 6 months. My parents finally agreed to let me get a reptile after years of begging. They wouldn’t let me get a snake but they said a skink is ok, and I am allowed to get one after I finish school.

So i’ve been looking at getting a Blue Tongue Skink or a Sleepy Lizard, however I have some questions in terms of where to actually purchase the animal! I’ve had a look online and I’m hoping to get one for a lower-end price. My questions are:

1. Where would I be able to get a sleepy lizard? I can’t find any breeders or people selling them. I’d like a young lizard.
  2. Is Gumtree an ok place to get a lizard?
  3. What is the general price range for a bluetongue and also the price range for a sleepy lizard, as the blue tongue prices seem to vary a lot and I can’t find any prices on sleepy lizards.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve done a lot of research but can’t find all the answers I am looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Welcome to the forum :) Lots of people sell shingle backs/sleepy lizards. Gumtree might have a few but Reptile Classifieds is also a great place to look. Sadly its down at the moment but should be back up soon. What state do you live in? In the next few months theres a few expos in Sydney (18th feb) and Wollongong (April) and also one in Melbourne (March 2nd) which will certainly have some shingle backs and blueys.
Good luck!

Welcome to the forum :) Lots of people sell shingle backs/sleepy lizards. Gumtree might have a few but Reptile Classifieds is also a great place to look. Sadly its down at the moment but should be back up soon. What state do you live in? In the next few months theres a few expos in Sydney (18th feb) and Wollongong (April) and also one in Melbourne (March 2nd) which will certainly have some shingle backs and blueys.
Good luck!
I’m in NSW! I’ve found it pretty difficult to find any sleepy lizard sellers, but I’m sure it’ll be easier once Reptile Classifieds is back up. I had no idea about the expos, Thank you so much!

Theres also Repx in brisbane on the 25th of march. You can't purchase animals at the show but you would easily be able to find a breeder

Welcome to the forums!

Edit: since your from NSW i guess this isnt so relevant :(

Reptiles Classifieds is back up and has been for a couple of days. They still have problems though, each listing is showing four copies.

Is that a question?

It is loading for me. Last listing 5th February.

I'm on my phone and haven't closed the tab since before the downtime.
I have just tried google search and it opened that way too. Maybe reset your router.

I'm on my phone and haven't closed the tab since before the downtime.
I have just tried google search and it opened that way too. Maybe reset your router.
Will do, thanks :)
[doublepost=1518428149,1518427821][/doublepost]Dang, still won't work... ah well.
[doublepost=1518428286][/doublepost]Actually it works on my phone so I'll just use that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back