Murray Darling Carpet Python weight

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilFlo

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to this and I just had a couple of questions. November last year I bought my first python(MD), I was told he was born on Valentine's day last year and right now he is 48cm long. I was wondering what weight he should be around this time and if he seemed a bit small for his age, length wise? (I've seen a lot of people saying that theirs are around 3ft at around 12-14 months old)

Many animals are over fed to promote fast growth and its just not necessary.
48cm at that age to me is perfectly normal. Dont worry about weight so long as he looks healthy and eats well.

It would help to judge if weight is appropriate if you post a pic but generally if they don't look malnourished they are fine.

Not easy to see on the pic but doesn't look underweight.
How often/what do you feed?

I have feed him every 7-8 days, and the place I bought him from gave me velvet mice to feed him. He only refused food the first week, which I know was normal for some snakes to do.

A nice looking snake.... then I do have a bias to Murray Darlings... my first snake as well.
Thanks, he's pretty amazing. Do you mind sharing some photos of yours? I haven't been able to find a lot of them on here.

6c8e1abcfb3e53074d07e5889ce0b007.jpg

That’s my Murray Darling girl Cookie

And this is Mr Kingston

f18a2b98f09032d09fb620b40c02b423.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back