carpet python breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about breeding but am unsure at the moment (if I do decide I will make sure I do all the research possible) but was curious if snakes get aggressive from breeding/laying? I already have a carpet python and was thinking of either breeding her and getting another or just getting 2 more as a breeding pair. I want to keep her very friendly and as a pet that I can play with often, if she was to breed would that change her temperament? she is a caramel jag carpet python so if I was to beed her would any pf her offspring have neuro? if I was to breed her what could she breed with? Any carpet python?
thanks

In theory you could put any male carpet python with her but of course the outcome (colour/quality) of the offspring will vary considerably depending upon your choice of sire.
As for Neuro, (And I'm no expert), my understanding is that ALL Jags have neuro to some extent, from some which are barely noticeable through to the most extreme.
There are lots of previous threads on the subject if you want to do some research through the search option.

Most females that I know of don't have a great change in temperament after breeding but they will become very food driven which can be interpreted as aggression though they do mostly settle back down after a few feeds.
(Some can be complete nut cases when you remove the eggs unless you decide to go with maternal incubation in which case mum will likely be very 'protective' of her eggs for the duration of incubation)

Nobody who cares about the wellbeing of their pets would breed them or buy one.

Any pics of her mate?
[doublepost=1519020669,1519019655][/doublepost]
hOCbogR.jpg
Little caramel jag I picked up she is taking a long time to shed but is eating. Swapped it for a 2 tiger jungles. These things retail at about 1000 dollars dads an axanthic jungle.

In theory you could put any male carpet python with her but of course the outcome (colour/quality) of the offspring will vary considerably depending upon your choice of sire.
As for Neuro, (And I'm no expert), my understanding is that ALL Jags have neuro to some extent, from some which are barely noticeable through to the most extreme.
There are lots of previous threads on the subject if you want to do some research through the search option.

Most females that I know of don't have a great change in temperament after breeding but they will become very food driven which can be interpreted as aggression though they do mostly settle back down after a few feeds.
(Some can be complete nut cases when you remove the eggs unless you decide to go with maternal incubation in which case mum will likely be very 'protective' of her eggs for the duration of incubation)
Thanks heaps

Any pics of her mate?
[doublepost=1519020669,1519019655][/doublepost]
hOCbogR.jpg
Little caramel jag I picked up she is taking a long time to shed but is eating. Swapped it for a 2 tiger jungles. These things retail at about 1000 dollars dads an axanthic jungle.
Oh nice, here is one of mine
eb7674260caac25d8e81883b56eb0cb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back