Copperhead or brown?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonni

Reaction score
Hi guys, this fella is hanging around our area and is said to be a copperhead. It pretty well could be but I’m thinking it could also be an Eastern Brown! This is in Victoria- South East suburbs. Sorry for the crap pic, it’s just one I grabbed from the dude who took the phot

4889316B-9305-42D1-A796-52E092410A96.jpeg

Hi guys, this fella is hanging around our area and is said to be a copperhead. It pretty well could be but I’m thinking it could also be an Eastern Brown! This is in Victoria- South East suburbs. Sorry for the crap pic, it’s just one I grabbed from the dude who took the phot

View attachment 323347
Where abouts in the south east?

I'm going out on a limb here, since there's very little of the photo, but I'm pretty sure it's a copperhead.

You're not going out on a limb. The pattern as well as the scale type makes it obvious that is a Copperhead.

The ventral surface of brown snakes is marked with scattered orange to brown blotches, which are not in evidence here. Copperheads have gradation of colour from the ventrals to the flanks, of salmon or brown to the base colour of the snake. So like Sdaji said, your are not going out on a limb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back