Ackie fights

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murph_BTK

Reaction score
Hey y'all....i came home yesterday from a hard days work [emoji16]... and noticed one of my juvi ackies with a cut/wound on his face I thought hmmmm you mofos been chasing each other again only this time one bit the other it looks.. today he seems to be the same.. tho now he keeps his mouth open under the basking lights.. my question is should I remove the injured one and quarantine him *if so should I try and treat the wounded area?

Or just leave them he ate fine just before and is very active still.. so I can't see any affects from the punch up.. just not sure if I should separate them.. it not.

Now you smart repers tell me where and what I could should so..
*yes I am worried I love my family [emoji6][emoji4]

Instagram: murph_BTK
66d9df1f669d88accf9c4ef5f25380ea.jpg
89e1373a43518c07525cd3d8ea7e39cb.jpg

Did you get them together, or have you introduced them?
I'd recommend separating them for now, just so there are no more injuries.
I bought them together and they have been side by side since I have had them.. yes they Chase and fight over crickets etc..its just this is the first visual signs of a big fight with injuries

I have put him in a separate enclourse for now..

Are we sure that the wound was caused by another ackie? Could it be a burn from the heat light or from rubbing up against rocks? I don't see how an ackie could make that kind of injury.

Last edited:
Are we sure that the wound was caused by another ackie? Could it be a burn from the heat light or from rubbing up against rocks? I don't see how an ackie could make that kind of injury.
Nah matey def not a burn.. dumb and dumber *as I call them Chase and race around the enclourse all day everyday. I guess one got over excited and held on.. don't worry hrs grounded now and is in timeout .. [emoji16]

Nah matey def not a burn.. dumb and dumber *as I call them Chase and race around the enclourse all day everyday. I guess one got over excited and held on.. don't worry hrs grounded now and is in timeout .. [emoji16]

Fair enough haha.

Haha jam him in the naughty corner for a few days. Lol

Well, going by that photo, he certainly looks guilty. lol.

(not that I'm knowledgeable about Ackies, but separating them would be what I would do)

When we had trio of ackies, they were the same. I'd sit and watch them of a night until their lights went out instead of the idiot box. The tank we had them in had a photo background of rocks and plants taped to the outside. One of them continually jumped from the tile stack to try and jump onto the "rocks". Faceplanted every time.
They used to fight occasionally, one seemed to be on the outer for some reason. But there was never any real injuries.
Do you have a spare enclosure that neither has been in, Murph? If you do, put both in at the same time, and see how they interact.

@piney I have the outdoor enclosure I put them in which I have had them in this weekend and all seems normal.. they have there run around and chasing havent seen them do any vicious fighting. I will bring them back into the inside enclourse tonight and again watch them.. I have keep them feed well and have been chasing the inside of the indoor enclourse to have them something new to discover and explore.. hopefully it was a one off punch up they had and have sorted their differences [emoji4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back