Struggling with a new snake.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eviee

Reaction score
Hello! I've recently gotten my very first snake (A yearling Centralian Carpet Python), she's very healthy & active (eats well, has shed well), unfortunately on the handling side of things it's a very different story.

She's very defensive/aggressive towards me when outside of her enclosure and no matter what I do, she goes out of her way to attempt to bite me. She doesn't like the snake hook in the slightest and the only way I can manage to get her out at all is if I pick her up with a snake bag covering my hand and even then, she still acts very defensive/aggressive.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or advice, I'm really unsure where to go from here as I'm not very experienced in the hobby.

Thanks

Hello and welcome. :)
Without knowing the full situation it would be hard to help with any exact explanation with why she's being so cranky, so here would be some questions that might help.
  1. How old is she?
  2. What sort of enclosure and where in your home is she housed? High/ low traffic area?
  3. What are your temperatures like?
  4. Can she hide away if she wants? ( pictures could help)
  5. when was the last feed? What and size
  6. How often do you try handling and for how long?
There will be other things that will affect her mood but these are a few things of the top of my head. You'll have other's around to help aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back