Not happy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sheldoncooper how's the search going? Normally no news is good news but that's not the case here...
We found Dexter. He was sitting on the fence at a primary school a few klms away, getting swooped by magpies. Some really nice people rescued him and fed him grapes. They found one of the adds my missus posted. One back one gone i think, but Dexter was my main concern. Thanks aussie

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

We found Dexter. He was sitting on the fence at a primary school a few klms away, getting swooped by magpies. Some really nice people rescued him and fed him grapes. They found one of the adds my missus posted. One back one gone i think, but Dexter was my main concern. Thanks aussie

Yay! So glad he was located! :)

That’s really good news Sheldon that you have Dexter back fingers crossed for the other one now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay! So glad he was located! :)
Thanks stomps me too. I love that dam bird. He escaped a few years ago too, flew up into a big gum tree in the next street, i think he was up that high he was to frightened to move. I had to get a big extendable ladder just to get to him, By the time i got up there he was shaking and slowly took sideways steps till he got to me. He's an idiot

Thanks stomps me too. I love that dam bird. He escaped a few years ago too, flew up into a big gum tree in the next street, i think he was up that high he was to frightened to move. I had to get a big extendable ladder just to get to him, By the time i got up there he was shaking and slowly took sideways steps till he got to me. He's an idiot

It's pretty incredible that birds form that kind of relationship with a person. It kinda makes me want one... however my mum used to have birds and every single one of them hated me... used to try to bite me each time I walked past..

It's pretty incredible that birds form that kind of relationship with a person. It kinda makes me want one... however my mum used to have birds and every single one of them hated me... used to try to bite me each time I walked past..
Yeh they seem to form a close bond with one person, Dexter seems to annoy everyone else in the house but he won't stir me up. However i was feeding him with a syringe before he had feathers. He even messes with the dogs head, there extremely smart he runs rings around the dog. No one can eat in our house unless they share with him. If u take 2 mouthfuls in a row he will nip your ear to let u know your not sharing properly

Yeh they seem to form a close bond with one person, Dexter seems to annoy everyone else in the house but he won't stir me up. However i was feeding him with a syringe before he had feathers. He even messes with the dogs head, there extremely smart he runs rings around the dog. No one can eat in our house unless they share with him. If u take 2 mouthfuls in a row he will nip your ear to let u know your not sharing properly

You should definitely get some videos of that... he sounds like a real character!

Great news mate. As sad as it is that you haven't found the other one yet, I know finding your eckie will cheer you up.
They sure do attach themselves to one person. Our guy, Tex, is my wife's little darling; he tolerates me because he knows that if she's not home he won't get fed if he starts biting and carrying on. That doesn't mean he doesn't give me the odd nip, lol. Your stories sound just like our Tex. He starts squawking when it rains, despite being under the verandah. Not bad for a tropical parrot. And he is dead scared of the magpies who land on our lawn.
Stompsy, they are indeed little characters. Some of the things he says, I swear it sounds just like my wife.

You should definitely get some videos of that... he sounds like a real character!
I had a video of him snoring.
Zzzzzzz. A short break zzzzzzzzz ............zzzzzzzzz. i use to lie in bed laughing. Now he hums songs when he's tired

When I lost my Quaker, she was sitting in a tree. At first, she was terrified, but then when she saw us, she settled down in a comfortable spot and started preening. As long as she can see us, she reckons she's safe. We caught her afterwards - she stepped up and started talking like it was a normal day.
[doublepost=1519942369,1519941831][/doublepost]ZZZZZZZ.... afterwards. :)

Great news mate. As sad as it is that you haven't found the other one yet, I know finding your eckie will cheer you up.
They sure do attach themselves to one person. Our guy, Tex, is my wife's little darling; he tolerates me because he knows that if she's not home he won't get fed if he starts biting and carrying on. That doesn't mean he doesn't give me the odd nip, lol. Your stories sound just like our Tex. He starts squawking when it rains, despite being under the verandah. Not bad for a tropical parrot. And he is dead scared of the magpies who land on our lawn.
Stompsy, they are indeed little characters. Some of the things he says, I swear it sounds just like my wife.
He sounds just like Dexter.
He will gently nip the missus and if she doesn't respond he will slowly bite down harder until he gets a response. In the mornings hes calls dad. And it sounds just like my son, I'll go in my sons room and say whats up mate and he's fast asleep. And then the bird starts laughing from the kitchen. He smashed 2 plates and a cup not long ago, he sits on the kitchen bench and pushes everything off thats not food, he does my head in. He will sit on my shoulder, start bobbing his head open his mouth and try and stick all his regurgitated food in my gob, there just like children, one minute your laughing the next your telling him off

if I ever get a bigger place and more time I’d definitely look into getting one because they sound like a lot of work.

if I ever get a bigger place and more time I’d definitely look into getting one because they sound like a lot of work.
They are a bit of work but not to bad. They like to be involved in the family. In saying that if u can give them 30 mins to an hour a day there happy. I would highly recommend getting one thats hand reared and not quite ready to go. If u can spoon feed it one feed a day it will bond with u alot better in my experience.

Glad to hear that mate! Hope the magpies didn't tag him too much.
He is a sook anyway, he was probably sitn on the fence having a good old whinge

Last edited by a moderator:
Such good news that Dexter was found, and nice that he was rescued by good people. FIngers crossed the other one is found too.

He does sound like a character, I used to have an Alexandrine parrot, gorgeous bird, but he was forever trying to feed me, groom me, and bit anyone who tried to come near.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back