Long weekend down in Wilson’s Promontory

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stompsy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Morning guys!

On Saturday we took a day trip down to Wilson’s Prom and whilst @Smittiferous was fishing, I explored Squeaky Beach and Tidal River/Norman Bay. Took a few pictures of my adventures! (Pictures taken with my iPhone 8+, mostly in direct sunlight)

Hung out with these little Southern Water Skinks both at the start of the day and towards the end. Curious little guys. They were very interested in my phone.

0B4F353A-A030-4019-9272-D9C2F5C1CEF9.jpeg

6C020C37-E61A-45EF-9955-CA428E5C0524.jpeg

2CCD285A-B1B0-40D5-A640-1890434E3F38.jpeg

D4907F52-8778-4999-BC71-D939949680B8.jpeg

This guy was in the information centre. Not sure if he’s mummified but I really wanted to take him home with me.

02BBAC9D-09FB-42D3-8BB5-3C86626DFFFD.jpeg

And some landscape pictures showing the beauty of Squeaky Beach and Tidal River/Norman Bay.

1FB127B4-D325-402B-AFE3-B3CC5607BEA9.jpeg

Didn't like the extra size of the +
My normal s9 is waiting at the shop to be picked up:p
[doublepost=1520918894,1520918632][/doublepost]Sorry for the hijack @Stompsy
Love the bones lizard. Wish I could display him at my house too
Good score mate, I've got a few months before I can upgrade yet, the S9 looks insane, and if the pic quality is even better than the S8, well Damn!

I got my S9 yesterday. Not the + though. Still... Should take some awesome shots. I'm hoping. Pre-ordered online so I got it early. Easier doing it that way than through a Telstra Store I reckon.

Half the reason I upgraded, from an S7. Is cause' I get so much more data a month. Got a free tablet worth about 500, and free wireless charger worth around 150-200 with it.

Lovely pics Stompsy. : )

Morning guys!

On Saturday we took a day trip down to Wilson’s Prom and whilst @Smittiferous was fishing, I explored Squeaky Beach and Tidal River/Norman Bay. Took a few pictures of my adventures! (Pictures taken with my iPhone 8+, mostly in direct sunlight)

Hung out with these little Southern Water Skinks both at the start of the day and towards the end. Curious little guys. They were very interested in my phone.

View attachment 323584

View attachment 323585

View attachment 323586

View attachment 323587

This guy was in the information centre. Not sure if he’s mummified but I really wanted to take him home with me.

View attachment 323588

And some landscape pictures showing the beauty of Squeaky Beach and Tidal River/Norman Bay.

View attachment 323589
Its a nice spot there stomps. Ive done a bit of diving there over the years. Did the wombats come through at night.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Its a nice spot there stomps. Ive done a bit of diving there over the years. Did the wombats come through at night.

Unfortunately we didn’t stay overnight. But I used to camp there all the time with a friends family as a kid and we had a resident wombat whose burrow was in the bushes next to our camp. He’d come out every night and let us pat him. I’ve got photos somewhere, might find them and embarrass myself by posting them sometime.

We had so many great adventures camping there as kids. We’d lay in our tent and watch the little marsupial mice run through their tunnels next to our campsite. We were also there a few times when the mutton birds fell out of the sky. We saved two who weren’t injured and put them under the campervan until morning, then took them up to the rangers station for release the next afternoon. Feeding the crimson rosellas was always a highlight too...

I think that’s why it’s my favourite place. So many great memories.

I’d really like to do the big hikes there at some stage too.

Last edited:
Unfortunately we didn’t stay overnight. But I used to camp there all the time with a friends family as a kid and we had a resident wombat whose burrow was in the bushes next to our camp. He’d come out every night and let us pat him. I’ve got photos somewhere, might find them and embarrass myself by posting them sometime.

We had so many great adventures camping there as kids. We’d lay in our tent and watch the little marsupial mice run through their tunnels next to our campsite. We were also there a few times when the mutton birds fell out of the sky. We saved two who weren’t injured and put them under the campervan until morning, then took them up to the rangers station for release the next afternoon. Feeding the crimson rosellas was always a highlight too...

I think that’s why it’s my favourite place. So many great memories.

I’d really like to do the big hikes there at some stage too.
It is a nice spot and one thats virtually unchanged from 30 years ago which isnt very common these days. Its like going back in time when your there.

It is a nice spot and one thats virtually unchanged from 30 years ago which isnt very common these days. Its like going back in time when your there.

Indeed it is. I adore the place. And I’m glad it’s unchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back