Need advice..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murph_BTK

Reaction score
Hey y'all..

So almost every weekend while I am cleaning the enclosures of my animals I let them roam the backyard or put them in the outdoor enclosure so they can soak up some sun etc.. never have I had any issues well yesterday one of my GOT was climbing through the wire cage I built (which he has done many many times) but this time he seems to have gotten himself stuck between the holes I have tried almost everything to free him even dragged the enclourse into the bathroom locked the doors hoping that the night time he would free himself but nope

A friend told me to use some sort if lubricant .. I can't cut the wire as the skins is firmly against the wire so I couldn't get bolt cutters in close enough..

So I am asking for help and suggestions .. a 6 pack for the person whom helps me free him [emoji6]..

The wire size is 25x25 with a gauge of 3.15mm (if THIS helps)
290c51e5c79edef4b9fa5d31cea2be7c.jpg
08a4b4e9a2618e9670a02e91c09f7701.jpg

Instagram: murph_BTK

I would encourage it to go backwards through the mesh... this can be difficult and may require some manovering if not... I would suggest maybe some metal pliers or similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t know how much pain it would cause ur baby, but if you can’t cut the wire, u might have to do a little squeezing and putting squeezing as much lube as u can on the inside (where he is) on the wire in hopes he goes backwards/forwards

The easiest way to cut the wire would be with boltcutters, but that would be a last resort if you can't get the python out. You could cut around the python in a small square, and move him, wire and all.

Try KY lube and if that does not work you can cut the wire with a hacksaw blade
The easiest way to cut the wire would be with boltcutters, but that would be a last resort if you can't get the python out. You could cut around the python in a small square, and move him, wire and all.
Okay I found some KY "lying around" [emoji15]... and have squeezed it on the wire mesh and also place some sticks on the outside of the enclosure to entice a possible crawl out away from the cage.. as for the bolt cutters I have a fantastic pair but can't get close enough to the wire am about to place it outside again it's humid and sunny that might wriggle things along..

Okay I found some KY "lying around" [emoji15]... and have squeezed it on the wire mesh and also place some sticks on the outside of the enclosure to entice a possible crawl out away from the cage.. as for the bolt cutters I have a fantastic pair but can't get close enough to the wire am about to place it outside again it's humid and sunny that might wriggle things along..

That’s convenient

The reason I suggested a hacksaw blade is you can cut the mesh without putting any pressure on the snake. KY and other lubes are commonly used for probing snakes. Is there any other use?
I had a GTP in a worse spot than that and managed to very carefully cut him out with no damage.
DSCN2210.jpg DSCN2211.jpg

I can think of another use for ky and other lube. (´⊙ω⊙`)

The problem with cutting it is, if not done properly there will be sharp pieces that could cut the snake open once it’s free

The reason I suggested a hacksaw blade is you can cut the mesh without putting any pressure on the snake. KY and other lubes are commonly used for probing snakes. Is there any other use?
I had a GTP in a worse spot than that and managed to very carefully cut him out with no damage.
View attachment 323614 View attachment 323615
Is that a chastity belt for a female python? :D

Maybe save some for your other snakes

This might be my new favourite thread haha wow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back