Breeding Season is Upon Us

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauls_Pythons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
And this girl looks like getting us off with a bang by potentially laying in March/April.
6 months late, or early depending on whether you are a glass half empty or half full kind of person.

Never have there been stranger animals on the planet than reptiles. She laid 6 slugs 3 months ago and now looks like shes getting ready to deliver the remainder of the clutch.

IMG_Jaffa_March_18.jpg

Nice work Paul! Sounds like she is keeping you on your toes

That's fascinating. How long ago was she with a male? Do you think the remainder of the clutch will be any good?

She certainly has me rethinking what I thought I knew about breeding Stu.
[doublepost=1521840785,1521840553][/doublepost]
How long ago was she with a male? Do you think the remainder of the clutch will be any good?

She hasn't been with a male since early August so its a pretty good gestation period lol. No, I very much doubt the eggs will be viable. If they are I think she will re write the book of breeding BHP's.

That’s pretty cool, if they are viable

Facultative parthenogenesis is the word for it and it’s been scientifically proven
it’s been known for snakes to save and use the sperm for up-to 5 years later and still be viable
Pretty cool really no wonder they have hardly changed in millions of years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back