Fossils

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foozil

Reaction score
Any fellow fossil collectors on this forum? Just curious.

I have a few trilobites, some fish, several reptile/fish teeth and some others. Not a huge collector, but when I find one I like, I usually buy it.

I have a few trilobites, some fish, several reptile/fish teeth and some others. Not a huge collector, but when I find one I like, I usually buy it.
Nice, any pics? What localities are they from?

Nice, any pics? What localities are they from?
Sure, I'll get couple probably later in the day. Maybe you might be able to identify one for me - its a collection of vertabrae in sandstone. Very well preserved, with a high spinal ridge.

Sure, I'll get couple probably later in the day. Maybe you might be able to identify one for me - its a collection of vertabrae in sandstone. Very well preserved, with a high spinal ridge.
Thanks. Sounds Moroccan, is the matrix similar to this?
download-2.jpg

Thanks. Sounds Moroccan, is the matrix similar to this?
View attachment 323669
Yep. The bones look similar, too.
[doublepost=1521928902,1521928612][/doublepost]I believe it's from a Upper Cretaceous fish (something like Enchodus), but not sure. There are some larger, round vertabrae scattered around the matrix as well, which I think are Otodus shark vertabrae. On closer examination, there are two pieces (broken slightly) of Otodus teeth around the edges. I bought the fossil for $5 'cause it looked interesting.

Yep. The bones look similar, too.
[doublepost=1521928902,1521928612][/doublepost]I believe it's from a Upper Cretaceous fish (something like Enchodus), but not sure. There are some larger, round vertabrae scattered around the matrix as well, which I think are Otodus shark vertabrae. On closer examination, there are two pieces (broken slightly) of Otodus teeth around the edges. I bought the fossil for $5 'cause it looked interesting.
$5 ain't bad! Nice

Anyone who has an iPhone is a fossil collector. Lol :p
yeah,I had 1 iphone and said no thanks when they offered me another,now I'm on the other brand.not a lot better but...
I don't care about the data, I have a PC for that.I only want a phone to talk ,text and take pics.You can shove all the other sh1t3! And I hate all the apps you can't delete that just waste space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back