V. Gouldii at est. 7-9 months of age. Barely grown since acquisition in March.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smittiferous

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I bought a young Gouldii at the VHS expo this year (very early March). It was small but very pretty. Also very bendy, it turned out. Pumped it full of calcium and food, expecting it to shoot up like a weed. It hasn't.
Taken today:
ksaLFDH.jpg

yr8YNEQ.jpg

E1xapUN.jpg

As you can see, still rather diminutive. I'm a bit puzzled as it has a good appetite, temps are good (basking 45-50 deg) and for all intents and purposes, acts like a normal young monitor.

For comparison, taken in March:

u9WLC6R.jpg

tJlMM8o.jpg

utPLFpp.jpg

Seems not to have grown much, and I can't figure out why. Any ideas from those in the know?

Looks very healthy, and I think these things grow in spurts, so I'd see how it goes through the summer months. Normal gould's or flavi? If it's a flavirufus it may remain a bit small anyway. So pretty when they're young, even Rosenbergs which are pretty dull as adults are gorgeous hatchies.

Cheers, Jamie

Looks very healthy, and I think these things grow in spurts, so I'd see how it goes through the summer months. Normal gould's or flavi? If it's a flavirufus it may remain a bit small anyway. So pretty when they're young, even Rosenbergs which are pretty dull as adults are gorgeous hatchies.

Cheers, Jamie
Sold as a varanus gouldii but I’m calling flavi. I’d agree with you about growth spurts, I just remember the other two flavis and the gouldii shooting up like weeds.

It’s the prettiest captive sandy I have ever laid eyes on, never intended to buy anything on the day but couldn’t pass this one up :D

Glad to see it's finally putting on some size for you. Lovely looking indeed. When I go back to photos the time I first got my Yellow Spotted (October last year at two months old) to now. You really do notice how much they grow and how quick.

I never notice them grow at all, everything else just seems to shrink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back