Meet Black Friday

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero Egernia

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm sure you're all aware of my fondness for melanistic animals. Today I was able to pick up a beautiful near black south-west carpet python. I wanted to show you guys earlier but I've been a bit preoccupied and to my surprise she has been one of the most hardest snakes to photograph. Here's a picture that turned out okay, but not great (hence why I didn't upload it to Flickr). I'll hopefully get more later.

BlackFridayaps.jpg

Hi everyone.

I'm sure you're all aware of my fondness for melanistic animals. Today I was able to pick up a beautiful near black south-west carpet python. I wanted to show you guys earlier but I've been a bit preoccupied and to my surprise she has been one of the most hardest snakes to photograph. Here's a picture that turned out okay, but not great (hence why I didn't upload it to Flickr). I'll hopefully get more later.

View attachment 323716
I'm jealous, been trying to buy a couple of those for years.

Last edited:
What do you mean, dragonlover1?

Same here. But I'm jealous of all the amazing critters you guys over east get to keep.

One more photo. This one's much better.

View attachment 323719

Beautiful animal! Would it help if the background was white say a bed sheet or piece of A4 paper??
I know your an awesome photographer, just a thought.
Thank you for sharing.

MD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful animal! Would it help if the background was white say a bed sheet or piece of A4 paper??
I know your an awesome photographer, just a thought.
Thank you for sharing.

MD

Thank you for the complement MD. I really appreciate it.

Sorry everyone. I shouldn't have done this but after seeing the silliness on Facebook yesterday I couldn't resist - April Fools! :D

The image was photoshopped. The snake doesn't exist. As nice as it would be if it were real I probably wouldn't be able to afford it. Maybe one day. Again, apologies for the joke everyone.

Still a great snake, regardless of colour. Very beautiful even without the Photoshop.

Still a great snake, regardless of colour. Very beautiful even without the Photoshop.

The original snake looks nothing like Black Friday. How do you know what it looks like?

And me but black inbricatas do really exist in the wild

I've seen a few in captivity, but they weren't pure black. More so very dark brown or grey. Although, I've seen one that was very dark indeed. But they're certainly few and far between as a lot of people are selectively breeding for other characteristics.

Didn’t Snake Ranch have a melanistic Darwin a couple years back?
‘Black Princess’ or something like that- wonder what happened to her after the whole Snake Ranch scandal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back