My first colubrid

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stompsy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Good morning guys!

After a few months of waiting for these guys to be ready to go, I finally got my Xmas present yesterday afternoon.

Boiga Irregularis, Night Tiger. Still a teeny tiny little guy but surprisingly placid and is currently perched out in the open after his first night with me.

So... I’ve tried to do lots of research on how to keep these guys, but if anyone here has experience, I’d really appreciate any advice you could give me.

894A3ADC-4030-43D4-A753-8762AED193CC.jpeg

6694F757-20AA-41BC-82DC-6CE87A3625BC.jpeg

Congrats, these guys are very high on my list of things to buy!

Thanks guys. I’m going to attempt to feed the little guy tonight! Pretty excited to watch him eat (if he’ll let me)!

Oh lovely! I do miss seeing these guys and the blue and green phase tree snakes in Townsville. They were everywhere!
I love them too but need to make my bird aviaries snake proof, they won't eat adult large parrots but they do go for babies in the nest.

I love them too but need to make my bird aviaries snake proof, they won't eat adult large parrots but they do go for babies in the nest.
Oh bugger! I guess it’s an easy feed! We had massive coastals come and eat our half grown chickens when I lived on the Sunshine Coast.... my dad used to catch them and take them to the reserve up the road to release them. The birds you keep would be a different story though!

Oh bugger! I guess it’s an easy feed! We had massive coastals come and eat our half grown chickens when I lived on the Sunshine Coast.... my dad used to catch them and take them to the reserve up the road to release them. The birds you keep would be a different story though!
The problem with macaws and black cockies is you need heavy gauge mesh they can't rip open and while you can get this with small enough openings to keep the big carpets out it won't stop the thin tree snakes. I had this problem with diamond pythons in Sydney but the green tree snakes there are smaller and no worry with birds.

Last edited:
The problem with macaws and black cockies is you need heavy gauge mesh they can't rip open and while you can get this with small enough openings to keep the big carpets out it won't stop the thin tree snakes. I had this problem with diamond pythons in Sydney but the green tree snakes there are smaller and no worry with birds.
So how will you combat it this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back