Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't u just love the intelligent ones.
b694874a1df9ef279106c74afe28ad4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sorry for late reply
Ive just been in the garage imunising.all good for diphtheria

Haha. That's the generic reply that comes up. He's either stupid, or pulling your leg.
Oh ok
I probably should of held on to the F OFF i sent back then

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
So rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just ask in here...

Do Monitors go off smaller food items as they get bigger? My Yellow Spotted doesn't seem interested in Woodies anymore at all. Last few times I've offered he hasn't taken any.

Now if I chuck a Mouse, Rat, Chick, Huntsman, Centipede, Scorpion, Reasonable sized insect/bug, cut up Chicken Neck pieces (or anything else he could eat really) in there he smashes them down without hesitation.

Anyone else experience this?

Might have to start dusting the Chicken Neck pieces I reckon.

I haven't offered our guy any woodies in ages, so can't comment. If you are feeding him mice and rats, you don't need to worry too much with the dusting.

I haven't offered our guy any woodies in ages, so can't comment. If you are feeding him mice and rats, you don't need to worry too much with the dusting.

His feeding these days is 2 cut up chicken necks (and Woodies if he takes them), nothing, a Chick (and Woodies if he takes them), nothing. Pretty much that on repeat. Obviously if we catch any Mice or there are any left over from the Snakes he also gets those. As well as anything else random that we come across that he could eat.

Just a quick update. I gave Turok his first whole Chicken Neck yesterday. Covered in Cal/Vit/D3 supplement. Got it down with ease.

Also gave him a Chick. Don't think I'll worry about Woodies anymore.

Put an actual lock on his enclosure now too as when I checked on him this morning he had moved one of the glass sliding doors (again) and was poking his head out. Haha.

Just a quick update. I gave Turok his first whole Chicken Neck yesterday. Covered in Cal/Vit/D3 supplement. Got it down with ease.

Also gave him a Chick. Don't think I'll worry about Woodies anymore.

Put an actual lock on his enclosure now too as when I checked on him this morning he had moved one of the glass sliding doors (again) and was poking his head out. Haha.
I woke up to Enki on my bedroom floor the other morning and then two nights ago I came home and his door was open, my curtains were pushed back and he was snoozing under his hotspot. I have a funny feeling he’d decided to go wandering around my room during the day and ended up back in his house for a nap.

Our panoptes got his glass open one day. I heard this noise in the reptile room, and thought he was just rearranging his tank as normal, but then there was a crash as he knocked something off the shelf. He'd gotten out, and was roaming the room. A few scratches later, he was back in his now-secured tank.

Latest posts

Back