New pythons. No idea.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would very much doubt they would be released into the wild.
Licensed seller or not the animals will either be rehomed or put to sleep.

Forgive me if I've missed it, but the OP doesn't seem to have indicated where he/she lives. To some extent this will dictate what happens to the animals because each state has different rules. The only consistent thing with all states is that captive animals without provenance will not be released into the wild. In NSW they would be kept by NPWS or approved carers and then put up for ticketholders in a ballot sometime in the future.

Jamie

Last edited:
That's what the lady told me on the phone. Idk, she didn't really seem to know a whole lot but that's the info she gave me.

Ah ok, I thought they might go up on the RSPCA site or something.
they will be taken by the NPWS,if found to be healthy they might be put up for adoption by ballot.You can't ask to be put on the list , you are picked at random ( I have been asked if I was interested twice in 12 years ). If asked you will be offered a choice of whatever animals they hold at that particular time, then you you wait to see if you are drawn out of the barrel. I have been lucky once.
[doublepost=1523522650,1523522613][/doublepost]
Couldn't you just buy them back when they're put up for adoption?
NO

they will be taken by the NPWS,if found to be healthy they might be put up for adoption by ballot.You can't ask to be put on the list , you are picked at random ( I have been asked if I was interested twice in 12 years ). If asked you will be offered a choice of whatever animals they hold at that particular time, then you you wait to see if you are drawn out of the barrel. I have been lucky once.
[doublepost=1523522650,1523522613][/doublepost]
NO
Ah ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back