Gillens Monitor Set Up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardLad

Reaction score
Hey guy I’m new on here so please be kind haha..
I have kept and bred beardies for years but I’m always been most interested in monitor lizards.
So now I finally decided to get started and I’m looking to get some Gillens Monitors at the end of the year.
I got an empty 90x45x90 tank at home and am wondering if that’s enough for a pair or even a trio.
The tank has a really nice background rock wall and I have heaps of cork bark, hollow logs and branches.
Would also highly appreciat photos of your set ups :)

Looking forward to your replies

Thanks mate. Literatur, our NSW licensing requirements and people’s personal experience seemed to differ a lot, that’s why I wanted to know a few more opinions.
As I said I’ve got plenty of hiding spots, branches, cork tubes and hollow logs, as well as the background. So they will really have a multilevel enclosure to feel save.
And I guess I can always upgrade to something bigger if I feel it’s not quite enough.

20180414_130202_000-1494x2656.jpg here's a pic of my son's Gillen's house (excuse the dirt it is waiting for him to come home) it is a 3x2x2 . There is only 1 monitor in there but he uses all the space and especially loves the background which only went in a few months ago

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back