Pilbarensis Gecko Advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VintagePArk

Reaction score
Need advice

Have a 1 year old pilbarensis.
Have owned for a month. Had in a 15lt tub, 30degree hot spot, one side had a moist hide and he is sprayed every few days.
Offered medium crickets every couple of days, hasn’t shown much interest in food since I’ve had it. Eats and poops very occasionally. Has stuck shed around one eye that I’ve been unsuccessful in removing without interfering, other eye appears to have damage to it. Was like this on purchasing and I assumed would improve with shed which have not seen him do in a month ! Kept the same as my other pilbs who are behaving normal ? Any advice ? He is significantly under weight

I have photos though not sure how to upload them.
[doublepost=1523709011,1523707570][/doublepost]Apparently image file to large to upload will try hosting site later, can’t get a good photo of his eye to upload he seems very stressed and somewhat blind, he seems to run into the edges a lot and bolts away when crickets touch him, bizarre.

If you’re having problems with a stuck shed increase the humidity. Spray the enclosure once a day with lukewarm water to help it up. If he’s got a bad stuck shed on his eyes he might be having some trouble locating and catching his food.

If you’re comfortable handling him (and he’s comfortable enough being handled) you could try to very gently wipe his eyes with a warm cotton tip to help soak it and ease it off for him

Thanks for the replies

I spoke to his previous owners who said I’ve been over spraying and had hot spot to high !

I thought that was odd as I have same routine for all other geckos and they are all thriving, and eat beasts.

The substrate in his tank is Atleast 4/5inch deep on the cool side, I’ve not noticed any digging from him at all the entire time I’ve had him which I thought was also weird

He hates being handled and thrashed around so don’t really want to try, the shed hasn’t budged though in a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back