Death from a brown snake bite - Townsville

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to live on that street. Well, I stayed with my ex partners parents who live on that street! They get big browns there quite often... his mum used to put her dogs onto them, much to my disgust and continual attempted education against it. Would be interesting to know the exact details actually.

There is alot to gain with having a 410 and basic first aid.

.410 is the weapon of choice in these parts. I see half a dozen browns and rbb's blown away on a weekly basis by the local cockies.

410's no good in a built up area, besides there's no need to use one anyway if you just leave the bloody things alone. Unfortunately this bloke did everything wrong...tried to chase it from the house, even though he didn't know what it was and only thought it was a Tree Snake he didn't apply a compression bandage despite believing he had been bitten, lives in an area where highly dangerous vens occur and didn't know how to treat a snake bite and by the looks of it neither did his family or neighbour...unfortunate, but a lesson learnt the hard way.:(

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/snakebusters/posts/1686412834784706

Good ol dingus at it again! Guys a loonie!

“Dear all, a snake handler named Aaron Bryant educated by our unsafe imitators was bitten by a Brown Snake today in Townsville. It was apparantly one of those so called "dry bites" our imitators say account for most venomous snake bites and so after being bitten, the handler carried the snake around the street showing it off to friends and neighbors. He later died.”

Apparently he’s the only one who knows the story even though he has no facts and puts down anyone who says otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back