Mesh light cover

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eriquar

Reaction score
Hi
Just after a little help

Does anyone know where I can get a Solid metal light cover, the one with metal seams and Does Not open at bottom.. I Don't want the thin black metal with hinged opening on the bottom.

Thanks in advance

you can always make your own? why do you want one that cant open, that will be annoying when u need to change what ever is inside it.

not like they will break or anything, they may be thing but quite sturdy

you can always make your own? why do you want one that cant open, that will be annoying when u need to change what ever is inside it.

not like they will break or anything, they may be thing but quite sturdy

Had one years ago, had a spring hinge on it, Poor Baby Stimmie got into it and couldnt get out. I found the poor thing " charred".
Was devasting!!

Like Bl69aze suggested, you can always make you own. If you have the time, it is the cheapest way to do it.

Small grade aviary wire, or rodent mesh, depending on the size of the snake, is really easily to cut and bend to the required size to form a heat guard for lights. You can then use tie wire to thread edges together. Alternatively, when cutting faces that will meet to form an edge, you can cut one face flush with the welds along the intended join and the other face along the welds one space longer than the intended joins. The stubs formed by the latter cut can then be used to bend around the flush edge and join them together. Four screws and washers is all that is then required to hold the guard firmly in place.

Remember to bear in mind the “touch 5 rule” – if you cannot hold your hand on a light cage with the light on for five minutes continuously, then the light cage is too small to ensure it is safe for the inhabitants.

Like Bl69aze suggested, you can always make you own. If you have the time, it is the cheapest way to do it.

Small grade aviary wire, or rodent mesh, depending on the size of the snake, is really easily to cut and bend to the required size to form a heat guard for lights. You can then use tie wire to thread edges together. Alternatively, when cutting faces that will meet to form an edge, you can cut one face flush with the welds along the intended join and the other face along the welds one space longer than the intended joins. The stubs formed by the latter cut can then be used to bend around the flush edge and join them together. Four screws and washers is all that is then required to hold the guard firmly in place.

Remember to bear in mind the “touch 5 rule” – if you cannot hold your hand on a light cage with the light on for five minutes continuously, then the light cage is too small to ensure it is safe for the inhabitants.

Thank You so much for the detailed instructions (or destructions in my case lol)

I might give it a go.

Cheers
Erica

Just grab the spring one and cable tie it closed as you don’t have to change the globes regularly.
This should prevent any charring [emoji6]
They are available from most good pet stores and online.

MD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back