Wanting to learn more

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldmate

Reaction score
This is my first post on here I never actually knew of a forum for aussie reptile owners so I'm hoping to get some help in learning more about Australian elapids and pythons, basically looking for suggestions on books or people to contact but I also want to ask if anyone has ever bred a albino diamond python ? I know it's a long shot because I've tried to find evidence of one on here and the internet but all the posts are from years ago so I'm hoping since then someone has had some luck. Cheers and a photo of my recent hatchie purchase because why not

IMG_2461.JPG

Welcome to the forum.
There are several great books on Aussie snakes.
A Guide to Australian Pythons in Captivity, by Adam Elliott
Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons by Mike Swan
A Guide to Australian Snakes in Captivity: Elapids and Colubrids, by Scott Eipper (a forum member)

What other reptiles do you have?

I don't believe there to be any Albino Diamonds around. (Not 100% Diamond at least)

welcome! good to hear you came here to learn! cant learn enough from the experienced dinosaurs that reside here haha

one thing people might say is to get rid of the fake grass, it is quite hard to clean and if you dont clean it fast enough, it stains and starts to stink, so people use paper towel or newspaper!

Last edited:
e37.png

welcome! good to hear you came here to learn! cant learn enough from the experienced dinosaurs that reside here haha

one thing people might say is to get rid of the fake grass, it is quite hard to clean and if you dont clean it fast enough, it stains and starts to stink, so people use paper towel or newspaper!

Yeah I got rid of it today because it started to smell, I'm not a huge fan of the fake grass I was only using it so it wasn't a bare bottom container but I'm ordering some sand in for the meantime and I hope to learn a lot from here, I haven't been in the hobby since I was a kid but I've always wanted to breed and own snakes
[doublepost=1524650602,1524650516][/doublepost]
Welcome to the forum.
There are several great books on Aussie snakes.
A Guide to Australian Pythons in Captivity, by Adam Elliott
Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons by Mike Swan
A Guide to Australian Snakes in Captivity: Elapids and Colubrids, by Scott Eipper (a forum member)

What other reptiles do you have?

Cheers for the reply mate and currently I only own the little Bredli in the photo but I'm hoping to get my license upgraded to own more than 2 reptiles my goal is to own as many snakes as I can afford and a lace monitor

I'm ordering some sand in for the meantime

I'm not a fan of sand as a substrate.
Many people will tell you its ok and in the wild it is BUT we are not keeping animals in the wild and sand doesn't make it particularly easy to keep the enclosure clean.

Plenty of other options that are commercially available that will give a nice appearance but don't overlook newspaper/butchers paper as they might not look great but so easy to clean up after a mess.

Sand is not a good option for snakes. Like Pauls_Pythons has said, paper is a great cheap option, or the recycled paper cat litter (which we use). There are other choices if you want a more natural look.
[doublepost=1524654395,1524654285][/doublepost]Dinosaurs, Bl69aze? I'm not quite fossilized yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back