Housing Hatchies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gemsmidz

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone could assist with some advice please...
I have a3 month old Coastal Carpet and a 4 month old Albino Darwin.
Before posting here I have endeavoured to research this issue but often the information is conflicting so I’d be grateful for the opinions of those of you with more experience than myself.
Is housing these babies together a no-no? I’d hate for them to hurt one another.
Many thanks in advance.

Before posting here I have endeavoured to research this issue but often the information is conflicting so I’d be grateful for the opinions of those of you with more experience than myself.
Is housing these babies together a no-no? I’d hate for them to hurt one another.
Many thanks in advance.

Housing together is likely to end up with one ending up as dinner for the other.
And a big no-no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

+1.
Plenty of historical information around that has even changed breeders habits to separate babies straight from the egg.
I cant think of any species or any reasons other than breeding that would lead to anything positive from housing together.

There are plenty of people out there who do house animals in the same enclosure and will advise you that there is nothing to fear but is it a risk you want to take?

Many thanks in advance.
At the very least there is a risk of them accidentally biting each other when in feeding mode, they will strike at the scent of mouse/rat and if they grab hold primal instincts take over and they can try to swallow what they perceive as food.
In the wild baby pythons disperse straight out of the egg and are unlikely to contact each other until breeding age.

It's generally fine, plenty of people do it, most get away with it most of the time, but other than saving on space and caging there is barely any benefit, and if one eats the other (which usually results in the death of both) you'll definitely regret it.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.
They’re both currently living in separate enclosures and it sounds like I should keep it that way.
Thanks again for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back