Visit September 2017

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhoyo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
We're going to be in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne from mid September until early October. Are we likely to see any reptiles about?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It turns out we did see a few. There were tonnes of water dragons and little skinks around the various zoos and parks we went to plus a nice blue tongue that nearly got squashed whilst crossing the road. Didn't manage to see any snakes or monitors unfortunately, maybe next year.
cc5fb1500fea2394704ad89cebd5db63.jpg
6f1350747bb8ec787ab2fe49efddf2d5.jpg
4bb1fd76785f0018a9e51c022dba3710.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nice pics, good that you saw a ample of some of our iconic reptiles. If you drive or even walk out of an urban area you can usually see far more species of reptiles. That said it is a long time since I have seen a wild blue tongue, the last one I saw was trying to get into a goanna enclosure, which would not have been a good idea if it was able to.

Nice pics, good that you saw a ample of some of our iconic reptiles. If you drive or even walk out of an urban area you can usually see far more species of reptiles. That said it is a long time since I have seen a wild blue tongue, the last one I saw was trying to get into a goanna enclosure, which would not have been a good idea if it was able to.
Thanks.
The blue tongue was in Wellington Point.

I'm hoping to be back in the Brisbane area September 2019, any suggestions of good places to see reptiles (wild or not)?
Thinking of seeing more of the Sunshine and Gold coasts next time if there are any good spots to see them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back