Spencer’s monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So instead of starting a new thread

Burmation- His not coming out of his hide anymore and there is no point turning his heat on anymore cause he just goes back to bed.

Should I be worried?

I just took him out in the sun he just sat between my legs nodding off. He warmed up abit so I stuck back under his lamp but once again he retreated to his cold hide.

I'd still keep the heat on so he can come out and warm up if he chooses to. Plus I imagine the night time temps get rather cold when there's no residual heat left over from the day time heat.

How old and in what size / type of enclosure is he in? My Yellow Spotted still comes out to bask and eats every second to third day. His night time temps drop to about 20c (or at least I'm guessing that, at about midnight it's still around 25 in his enclosure).

It’s getting much colder here. His a yearling and his in a large plastic 8 footer with a 120w Mercury vapour bulb. He does come out occasionally and I quickly switch his bulb on but check back and his hiding again.
I could construct a small wooden hide box for him with 7w heat mat and stat. Could also put him in my 3x2x2 to prevent hibernation. But I won’t be adding another bulb to the cold end.

9A06782D-9DC5-4ABE-9DBE-9655DB616BD6.png
[doublepost=1527827264,1527826542][/doublepost]I will try leaving his light light on thanks mate just seems like a waste of power

5B08AF71-84A1-4C1B-802D-05ECBA3A6F0C.png
[doublepost=1527827830][/doublepost]All sorted I moved his hide down the hot end. Simply in hindsight I turn the heat off at night time still though.

I’ve got one on the way from QLD on Monday to cold old Canberra. He’ll be getting heat all winter 24/7. UVB during the day and Ceramic at night.

My main man

6_A4_D100_E_DBD7_4_A90_88_C3_A47_D4_FC322_ED.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
never works for me.
[doublepost=1527919987,1527919664][/doublepost]
dfhRAy

never works for me.
[doublepost=1527919987,1527919664][/doublepost]
dfhRAy
When u grab the link, there should be a dropdown menu look for the one that says “with bbcode”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back