Sully tried to eat me

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tara Goisisi

Reaction score
My husband and I are trying to get out 3 year old spotted python sully used to being handled. We have had good experiences and bad ones. He has bitten my husband quite a few time and this last time we were trying he bit, held on and constricted for a few minutes.
It was very hard to get him to finally let go.
He had eaten 2 mice 2 days ago and all his temps were all correct in his enclosure.
Has anyone had this same issue. He seemed to be trying to readjust to hold to eat my husband. It seemed very strange.
He was very tense for the first couple of minutes he was being held but he really settled down and then this happened.

We know snakes are not meant to be played with. We would just like him to be comfortable being held so we can clean out his cage more successfully.

Any advice would be great.

Hi I’d be putting him on medium-large adult rats 2 mice is not enough and maybe part of the reason you copped a feeding response bite. He could also just be very food orientated I have a snake like that, I use a hook to get her out as soon as she feels the hook and knows food isn’t coming she’s as placid as can be.

Hi I’d be putting him on medium-large adult rats 2 mice is not enough and maybe part of the reason you copped a feeding response bite. He could also just be very food orientated I have a snake like that, I use a hook to get her out as soon as she feels the hook and knows food isn’t coming she’s as placid as can be.
Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back