QLD DES to ban Perenties and many other species

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here is the facebook group that forced the minister to back off, Pet Owners R NOT Pet Shops . People power at work.
As for paper lodgement books ;forget it and buy a PC ! The only paper used by boofocrats is toilet paper.
And as for answering your emails, they are severely under-staffed so don't hold your breath. When I wanted to upgrade my license to R2 it took nearly 6 months.

They still have paper returns booklets, they just don't want us to use them. They're happy to send me a paper returns booklet for off schedule species that I am holding but only a five page booklet which just covers the off schedule individuals. The problem for me with the electronic return is it is totally inflexible and does not allow for any comments I may want to make about anything like genera name changes or species name changes etc. If there was a comments section next to each species in the electronic reporting system for any additional comments I may wish to make and a blank section where I could report off schedule species held then I would have no problem with using it. Obviously I already have a computer or else I wouldn't be sitting here responding to your comment. I am not sure calling them boofocrats is going to win you very many plaudits with them. As for being seriously understaffed, I am well aware of this. They have been understaffed for years and still managed. I thought that lodging applications via email sped up the process and usually in the past it has been generally very good. I can't wait six months, six weeks or even six days for that matter, I have animals waiting for shipment in Darwin being held up by the approval of an Import permit from NPWS that I have no idea if they have even received or when they will process it. I am just trying to look after the welfare of the animals and mitigate as much stress for them as possible. I would have thought that they would be mindful of this as well and address these applications as a matter of urgency. We are constantly advised by them through various media that their focus is the welfare of wildlife in private keepers hands so I think I have every right to expect processing of a straight forward import application for species that ARE on the scheduled species list to be processed in a few days. Other jurisdictions can facilitate this process in a few hours but we have to wait days even weeks sometimes for something that I have always said in my view shouldn't even exist. But that is another story

Mark Hawker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back