5 month old albino Darwin not eating or pooping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats exactly what i have except for one pass rather than 2 as i dont have a routing thing to route another turn as yet.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
i cant imagine the routing being a big problem, just to allow the cord to sit flat

i cant imagine the routing being a big problem, just to allow the cord to sit flat

Well, if you don't have a router it's a bit difficult to do with your teeth or fingernails...

The problem may very well be that you are not getting the floor of the enclosure warm enough over a large enough area, especially as the cool end does seem to very cool. Haven't got time to re read what I said earlier, but 95% of any problem with feeding Carpet babies is low temperature related. Once they start feeding, they are usually bullet proof. As you say it fed once when you got it home, but not since, the season was probably a lot warmer at that time, and its metabolism was probably ticking over at a reasonable rate from the place it was kept in before. It has probably been cooling and reducing it's metabolism since that time, hence the lack of appetite.

I would check the accuracy of the thermometer you are using to measure the hotspot, and I would also increase the area of heat available asap. If you keep it at around 32-34C consistently, the animal should begin feeding almost straight away.

Jamie

It is not essential to use a router. You can use pick up a Crosscut or Tenon (mitre) saw from Bunnings for $7. Tack a couple of pairs of wood blocks either side of the blade, to keep it in place, and you can route the desired channel into the wood. If it needs to be wider than the blade, simply widen the gap between the blocks.

It is not essential to use a router. You can use pick up a Crosscut or Tenon (mitre) saw from Bunnings for $7. Tack a couple of pairs of wood blocks either side of the blade, to keep it in place, and you can route the desired channel into the wood. If it needs to be wider than the blade, simply widen the gap between the blocks.
Ah okay great thank you because them not sitting flat would be very frustrating, it will just need one more pass on each row.

Thank you for your replies he has finally eaten ! I always make sure its as hot as possible but this time i also warmed it up with a hair dryer so that it was really really warm and also dry/fluffy, I'm so stoked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back