Free handle king cobra

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
one day he’ll bite

Agreed. Free handling any ven is a risky business and what would it take to startle either the snake or the handler?
Right now hes a hero to his mates but when/if he does get bitten it will all be the snakes fault or the hobby should be banned.

Each to their own I guess.

Such an amazing animal.
Looks super cool with their hood.

3m:30sec - creepy nails guy:confused:
[doublepost=1527153765,1527153556][/doublepost]Was the heavy/deep breathing from the snake do you think?
Or possibly the cameraman?

Such an amazing animal.
Looks super cool with their hood.

3m:30sec - creepy nails guy:confused:
[doublepost=1527153765,1527153556][/doublepost]Was the heavy/deep breathing from the snake do you think?
Or possibly the cameraman?
Only a couple years ago I learnt about the king cobra and how long they can get , rivaling retics

I would rather him do it than me Very impressive snake tho,
I saw this on the U.K. reptile forum, I actually felt sorry for the cobra as I bet the poor cobra thought that the royal
Python that was put by him was food as it’s Latin name Ophiophagus means snake eater , I thought it was a live feeding video

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

A classic example of what NOT to do - place a food item in front of a ven just before you start free handling it. At that rate, and the manner in which he handles it, I’d reckon it is only a matter of time before he gets bitten. The Ball python looked to be still part frozen so it probably wasn’t giving off a lot of scent. However there is still sight recognition that could come into play. Am not going to start a discussion on free handling vens but there are numerous dead people who would tell you that it does not always go 100% according to plan… if they could.
Have seen a few large Kings and they really are an impressive beast. The head on large individuals can be quite massive – twice the size of a man’s fist. That makes for one awesome highly venomous snake.

@Bluetongue1
Scutellatus has got it right. You can see the BP tongue flicking when it’s first brought into frame and move it’s head slightly when being picked up.

I do hear a “how much was it worth”, “three thousand”, “oh ****” in reference to the BP which is why I imagine they snatched it away.

Only makes it all that much more irresponsible- risking a bite to yourself and to another animal is stupid at ever level.

It’s an incredibly impressive looking animal- shame it’s in the hands of those idiots

Thanks @Scutellatus & @Buggster I thought I posted a thankyou already. I only watched ity once initially. Was probably too busy thinking what a foolish way to free handle any ven, let along a king cobra. Take a wet bite on the face or upper body and you are in serious trouble very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back