Adult diamond refused to eat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkrma

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Its been 2 weeks My adult diamond refused to eat the large rats,usually he ate every sunday, the temperature of his enclosure is 32, he also got heat mat under the tile, so the temperature is not problem. also he just shed last week.

Last night I gave him warm large rats,he just touch the rat with his tongue and then that was it.

Any idea how to make him eat again? I read some people did rubbing rats to tuna fish, chicken broth but I havent try it.

Will try it again next sunday, usually he is on white rat but I'll try buy black rat, or maybe smaller rat just to try it.

A bit worry

With winter here they will want to hunker down and may not eat till it starts warming up again

thats what I thought, maybe because winter and I dont know when he will eat again? will that be long time waiting winter over?

thats what I thought, maybe because winter and I dont know when he will eat again? will that be long time waiting winter over?
You mentioned a large rat, they could live off that for 3months easily, 6months even

1. Its winter, I'm guessing its an adult if its eating large rats, its more interested in other things.
2. Diamonds should be fed sparingly and certainly not every week. 8-12 feeds per year for an adult is more than sufficient.
3. As you have been feeding large rats weekly it could probably go a year without eating without any ill effects.

yes, he is on large rat,omg I am worry if he is losing his weight after 3 or 6 month

yes, he is on large rat,omg I am worry if he is losing his weight after 3 or 6 month

He won’t unless he is sick.
My yearling Diamond went 9 months without food for no good reason and if anything he gained weight during that time. He’s 2 this year- stopped eating in March and I don’t expect him to start again until September at the very earliest

Adults can manage on 2 or 3 feeds a year.
You will probably find that your snake is in fact overweight (most of those in captivity are).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back