Red Ackie: Unusual coloration, lighter region / stripe...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonicBlast

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My Ackie (sold to me as Red) has a lighter region on its back. Its linear in nature spanning from above its pelvic region to its shoulders. I've been looking around at pics, but haven't seen anything similar. Any one ever seen anything like it?

Its pretty young, maybe 4/5 months old. Maybe its a juvenile thing that some grow out of over time, or maybe its gonna be there for life.

heres a link...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jfVmeu3i3QGcxbkf8

Let me know what you think, thanks!

Jason

It has the trait that is mostly seen in the Mount Isa population. They are usually referred to as "yellows" but there are red individuals found there but not really what most refer to as The "reds".

It has the trait that is mostly seen in the Mount Isa population. They are usually referred to as "yellows" but there are red individuals found there but not really what most refer to as The "reds".

Excellent intel, and very good to know, thanks Bushfire!
Anything more intel out there on this locale? I'll begin googling pronto, but I'd appreciate any additional info if anyone has the knowledge.

It was definitly sold to me as a Red (insert laugh here of course). I bought the litte guy from a local shop with a great reputation, but even the good shops here are often missinformed. Np either way, I love the little guy regardless, and we're bonding well.

It was also sold to me as male. I know its early on, its only 4.5" snout to vent, but any bets on sex just yet? Once I earn its trust more fully, I'll take it out and candle the tail base as per online instructions.

Let me know what you guys think, and many thanks!

J

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back