New Jungle Carpet Juvenile Female with Pics...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonicBlast

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Just picked up this little stunner from a show here in Southern California. She's a yearling juvenile female, weighing in at 100 grams, around 30" or so. Her parents were both around 5 feet. She's appears to be coloring up nicely. I thought I'd post a couple of pics in her honor, last one is of the parents with babies (a couple Zebras, and two with this patterning, enjoy!..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ByuhpAf51tTyWFv18

J

Just out of curiosity.
How much did you pay for it?

500 out the door. I may have paid a bit more than avg, but I do dig her patterning, diamond-esque with hints of some other stuff. She's going to remain a pet most likely, but I'm excited to see how her colors develop going fwd. If she turns out a screamer maybe I'll breed her someday. Though it may not make a big difference her parents were lookers IMHO.

J

Fairly certain she is a Diamond mix. Looks nothing like the Jungles we have here...
We definitely have that pattern in Jungles here. I have always referred to it as Brindle.
100% Jungle in my book.
[doublepost=1529288403,1529288140][/doublepost]
500 out the door. I may have paid a bit more than avg, but I do dig her patterning, diamond-esque with hints of some other stuff. She's going to remain a pet most likely, but I'm excited to see how her colors develop going fwd. If she turns out a screamer maybe I'll breed her someday. Though it may not make a big difference her parents were lookers IMHO.

J
If the yellow comes out brightly she will definitely be a breeder!
$500 isn't too bad, with the prices you guys have over there I was expecting $1000+.

Very good to know, thanks Buggster. Interestingly her parents don't look very diamond like. Perhaps her parents had some mixed in there?

I'm typically not one to advocate for muts, I just found her on the beautiful side, her attitude is also very laid back, she'll hopefully make a great family pet.

J

PS: She ate 2 big fuzzies today. But is preferring to stay up in the braches away from the warm hide box this evening. I'd expect her to head for the heat for digestion, anyone else ever see this kind of behavior?
[doublepost=1529289038,1529288619][/doublepost]
We definitely have that pattern in Jungles here. I have always referred to it as Brindle.
100% Jungle in my book.
$500 isn't too bad, with the prices you guys have over there I was expecting $1000+.

Excellent intel Scutellatus! She was actually marked at 700, I talked him down and offered cash, etc. The yellow looks to be building so we'll see ;)

Heres a male I have a line on. Think it might make a good paring?...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VbAg7f4E4KWeX8HJ8

Let me know what you think, thanks again!

Jason

Very good to know, thanks Buggster. Interestingly her parents don't look very diamond like. Perhaps her parents had some mixed in there?

I'm typically not one to advocate for muts, I just found her on the beautiful side, her attitude is also very laid back, she'll hopefully make a great family pet.

J

PS: She ate 2 big fuzzies today. But is preferring to stay up in the braches away from the warm hide box this evening. I'd expect her to head for the heat for digestion, anyone else ever see this kind of behavior?

Excellent intel Scutellatus! She was actually marked at 700, I talked him down and offered cash, etc. The yellow looks to be building so we'll see ;)

Jason
Being summer over there the ambient temperature may be enough for her to be happy.
Pythons don't need the heat to be at the critical 32c to digest, they can and will digest at temperatures even 5c below that, it is just not optimal is all.

Being summer over there the ambient temperature may be enough for her to be happy.
Pythons don't need the heat to be at the critical 32c to digest, they can and will digest at temperatures even 5c below that, it is just not optimal is all.

Very good to know. During the day the house increases quite a few degrees, ambient temps in the house should reach 26c, putting it at 28/29c in the enclosure, and 33/34c in the moist hide below. We need moist hides out here in SoCal, very dry conditions.

Thanks again for your input on all this stuff,

Jason

J

Jason
That male zeb is a cracker ! Right up my alley

100% Jungle in my book.

Never seen a ‘Brindle’ jungle. Would you have any links that can confirm it’s a variation of the species?

I’m very doubtful- that python has rosettes and is coloured like a Diamond. Head patterning is more Jungle, but if you have just shown me the body I would have said Diamond all the way.
Still a very beautiful animal.

Male is more of what I would expect as a ‘Jungle’

Where does it list them as 'Diamond Jungles'. The photo is captioned with Jungle Carpet Python, no 'Diamond' in it, that is if you read far enough.
They aren't a mix, just a pure Jungle that you obviously haven't seen.
I just wanted to add also that it is a big call to tell someone that their brand new $670 snake isn't what they paid for and is not something I would do without being 110% positive.

I get the feeling we have been here before, that's right you never did reply about my 'mongrel' dog.

I am thinking it is just a name, like 'moonglow' etc.
All the snakes look like pure Jungles to me.
That is what (the 'Brindle' pattern without the reduced melanin) a lot of Jungles looked like 10-15 years ago, before people bred the hell out of them and ruined some of the lines.
They are hard to find now.

I’ve searched every last place there is on the internet for ‘diamond’ or ‘brindle’ Jungles. The only thing that comes up are the DiamondxJungles.
I have never seen a pure Jungle look like that, nor can I dig up any photos or reference to Jungles with these patterns. If you’ve got any links/pics, I would very much like to see them.

Perhaps you are right at it is in fact a pure Jungle, but I do find it incredibly strange that their isn’t a trace of it on the internet.

And I’m fairly certain the site you’ve posted above is from overseas- where it is well known they mix and match subspecies. They also refer to the snakes in their breeding program as ‘Carpets’- a very broad term

@Buggster
Have you heard of Roger Lester?
Out of curiosity, how long have you been dealing with reptiles?
[doublepost=1529478128,1529439711][/doublepost]
Here is my video from 2008. This was my mates pair of Jungles I was looking after.
The male on the right is what I refer to as 'Brindle'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back