Water pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil j

Reaction score
Got one today. Orange belly Who has one? Tell me what you know!

My ex kept one and it was very cage defensive, but once it and about, he was a dream to handle. That’s about all I know.

Hi stompsy cheer for reply. One of first snakes was a NT water python. I loved that snake but nobody was as impressed by it as me. Which was a disappointment so I sold it eventually to try keep up with the hobby. It was agro cage defensive and would try eat you.

The one I got today is a QLD it has a better nature and an orange belly which may continue into adulthood.

I’m curious is there any difference between NT’s and Qld’s other then location. As far as I know they both get orange undersides.

I know they eat anything I used to feed my nt chicken breast. I’ve heard of fog dam and their abundance there. Also eat baby crocs.

Deadly pythons I really like them.

I received my water python hatchling unfeeding and I knew about their defencive reputation, I wanted the chalenge to get it feeding and handling something with more spunk.

Ironically it fed frozen-thawed on the first offer and is the only python that I own which has not bitten me yet!

Great snakes. They have an explosive feeding response, and would occasionally launch themselves right out of the enclosure when striking at the offered food - never offer food by hand.

Jamie

A few years ago I put up a couple of nice Water Python threads which were unfortunately lost in the big APS kerfuffle.

I really miss working with these things day to day hands on. Probably still my favourite Australian python. I had a lot of good times with them.

I always preferred the yellow bellies to orange, but I admire both.

Moosedaughteryellowbelly.jpg

Here's one full of eggs, showing off her belly.

IlikemyWaterPythonssunnysideup.jpg

The yellow bellies are beautiful, but it was always their irridescent rainbows which I thought were their most striking visual feature.

Rainbow.jpg

Rainbow2.jpg

One of my many clutches

SloughedWaterPythonBabies.jpg

I tried seeing how fast I could grow one up. This is her at five months and twelve days! She didn't end up particularly large, but gee, she grew very quickly!

Jadeatfivemonths12daysofage.jpg

That same snake about a month later

PythonKisses.jpg

And a head shot of the same girl at about a year of age, if I remember correctly.

Jadeheadd.jpg

This girl's name is Rowena, possibly my favourite Water Python other than her mother. Now about 6.5 years old, she still lives with a friend in Australia.

SdajisnewWaterPythoninMarch2012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back