New Bandy-bandy species discovered by accident at Weipa

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly, I think I heard on ABC radio today that it has become part of the 'preserved species' list at Queensland Museum. Rare as can be with only six other 'possibles' that have been identified and they go and kill it to run tests.
Good job Queensland government!

Interestingly, I think I heard on ABC radio today that it has become part of the 'preserved species' list at Queensland Museum. Rare as can be with only six other 'possibles' that have been identified and they go and kill it to run tests.
are you serious? Jesus christ.

Yep. "Museums" are the best serial killers ever known!

No other alternative though.

Yep. "Museums" are the best serial killers ever known!

No other alternative though.
What do you mean by "No other alternative though".
I can think of a few, the first being running their tests then releasing it or even keeping it alive in a state collection.

Surely DNA testing could be done, without harm to the animal.
I can't think of any other tests that need to be completed for a positive identification, especially any that would be lethal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back