Stacking glass tanks.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burgersnchips

Reaction score
So I have two glass snake tanks at the moment and very little space for them. I want to keep one on top of the other. Just wondering if the bottom tank will be able to support the weight of the top one or should I build some type of frame/stand

I am sure a glass tank would support its own weight, and then some, placed on top of it. What I cannot understand is why you would even consider stacking them one on top of the other. You need regular access to both - at least 3 times/week to provide fresh water (which you should be doing), as well as feeding and cleaning. A “tank” can only be accessed through the top of the unit, so that would mean moving an occupied tank on a regular basis to access the one below. Commonsense should dictate that this is not a good thing for a number of reasons. You might not mind the exercises but it will likely stress the occupant, slop water from the water bowl, and greatly increases the chance of breaking the tank. Just one sharp, unintended bump against a solid object is all it takes to break glass.

One needs to look at it in terms of what the snake/s require, rather than what might better suit you, and it then becomes a no-brainer. You clearly need a frame.

I do wonder if he may have meant those exo-terra style glass tanks with the front opening doors?

Not sure how those would stack though, the frames look a little too flimsy for that to me.

If these are the fish tank style ones then I would have to agree with the above.

You are going to have to tell or show us what sort of enclosures they are. There will be some way of stacking them if they open from the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back