Morelia spilota cheynei

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonnie99

Reaction score
Hello to Australia,

I'm a female snake keeper from Germany.
I would like to get your opinion to a snake I bought 2 years ago.

I have got a cheynei female (Winner Line - which is out of VPI Line) and was looking for a breeding partner with the same quality.

I don't say no more by now just to hear your opinion without any further information at first.
I think I can meet people here, who are very keen with cheyneis.

Thanks a lot for looking.

20170505_214732.jpg 20170721_172736.jpg 20170424_210008.jpg

Thank you very much.
I would like to know, if you think he is pure ore mixed with another locality ..

I also think he is really an amazing animal and still very bright.
The parents are VPI / San Diego zoo - which would mean the line would fit perfectly.

I posted him on facebook an somebody said he wouldn’t be pure. So I need the opinion of people with experience with that snakes. :)

I don't know if it would be possible to tell if it's pure jungle. Some mixed blood carpets can look like pure lines. Either way, she's gorgeous, I hope you find a nice boy for her. I think her colours would look great in Zebra.

Looks very nice, not the usual deep gold colour, but I like it alot

20160828_165004.jpg Thank you very much :)

This guy is the male I bought. ;-)

The female is from Hans-Jörg Winner / Germany (shown on the picture above).

The problem is, that my focus was on reproducing pure cheyneis and I don’t know now, if it would make sense to pair them. Because when there is a doubt that the boy is pure, I cannot declare the babies as pure :oops:.... the girl really is more golden in the yellow colour than the boy. He‘s really bright.

I think they would be a good pair. The girl is stunning. If I owned them I would definitely breed them.

View attachment 324918 Thank you very much :)

This guy is the male I bought. ;-)

The female is from Hans-Jörg Winner / Germany (shown on the picture above).

The problem is, that my focus was on reproducing pure cheyneis and I don’t know now, if it would make sense to pair them. Because when there is a doubt that the boy is pure, I cannot declare the babies as pure :oops:.... the girl really is more golden in the yellow colour than the boy. He‘s really bright.
Because you are breeding from originally stolen stock (since all Australian reptiles outside of Australia were smuggled out) there is no guarentee that anything in Europe is pure stock anyway so you might as well go ahead and declare them as pure as can be .
BTW I am not accusing you of any falsehood, just stating the facts.

Last edited:
Really ? I was told that the VPI Line is from the Barkers - H. J. Winner imported from the Barkers he said. Do you know more when you say "smuggled out"? I'm interested in that of course.
I'm not feeling accused - I'm also a friend of looking at the facts - so no problem.

Really ? I was told that the VPI Line is from the Barkers - H. J. Winner imported from the Barkers he said. Do you know more when you say "smuggled out"? I'm interested in that of course.
I'm not feeling accused - I'm also a friend of looking at the facts - so no problem.
(This doesn’t apply to zoos and stuff) All exporting of Australian reptiles is illegal as is importing exotics, so someone has had to “smuggle” it out of the country :p making it illegal but other countries have aus reptiles as legal pets do not illegal for u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back