Outside Enclosure with multiple Lizards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tx_shooter

Reaction score
So I am looking to setup a decent outside enclosure for my ackie monitor to get some natural warmth and sun when I am home. My wife has a blue tongued skink that she wants a similar setup for as well.

My question is if I only have one lizard in the enclosure at a time do I need to build two different enclosures or will they be okay using the same outside enclosure one at a time? A shared enclosure gives me the green light to build a larger single enclosure while two enclosures will cost money and space.

Thoughts?

I'd say as long as they've passed their quarantine period it should be fine, I put pythons, beardies, pink tongue and shinglebacks out on nice summer days, across summer everyone gets a few turns, often a week at a time. Always separately though. (I have 4 attached aviary sections and the critters love their outside time)

I just wanted to make sure the different scents would not stress either lizard out. Thanks for the feedback.

They don’t seem to care about the different scents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back